in Sporting Goods Business
Our unique-in-Canada Sporting Goods Business program features two applied projects with industry partners to enhance your hands-on learning and employment opportunities.
The two-year Sporting Goods Business program is on the cutting edge of sporting goods industry trends, and as such, you will be prepared for the demands of this field. The program offers:
- Through our innovative speaker series, students will have the opportunity to meet and network with Sporting Goods Business alumni and program supporters
- Core business classes, including business math, accounting, computers, retail essentials, international business, sales and marketing
- Sporting goods industry specific classes with an introduction to the industry, sports marketing & sponsorship, sports equipment product knowledge and sportswear merchandising
- Affiliations with the Canadian Sporting Goods Association and strong connections to major sporting goods companies in Canada, to ensure our courses are up-to-date
- Extensive hands-on learning through two applied projects
- A fast-track to your career--start in September and graduate in just two years
* Students starting in January are required to attend classes over the summer semester.
Why Choose Fleming
Our industry connections mean that we can help students apply for and secure related employment upon graduation with sporting goods companies, in retail management and on the supplier side of the industry. We have a consistently high placement rate of 97-100 percent.
Students participate in two applied projects with industry partners where they gain direct, relevant work experience.
You have many career options in the Sporting Goods industry. Work in product development, sales and marketing, merchandising, operations, or customer service for Canada's premier sports equipment companies, retail organizations.
Past graduates have worked for:
- Under Armour
- Trimark Sportswear
- Reebok CCM
- Sport Chek
- National Sports
- New Era Caps
- Norco Performance Bikes
- Source for Sports
- Saucony Canada
- Mizuno Canada
- Rawlings Group Inc.
- Taylor Made Golf
- Bauer Hockey
Approximately $600 per year for books and supplies.
Fleming College Business School Memberships
Member of ACBSP, a leading specialized global accreditor of business education recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and uniquely focused on teaching excellence and student outcomes.
Member of AACSB International, a global non-profit association that connects educators, students, and business to create the next generation of great leaders.