Did you know that you can use your Fleming College certificate or diploma to continue your postsecondary education in pursuit of another credential? Fleming believes in providing opportunities for students to keep learning. We will provide you with the support and tools you need to create a personalized pathway to success.
Fleming is proud to have partnerships with colleges, institutes of technologies, and universities in Ontario, across Canada, and around the world. With more than 600 external pathways with 45+ partner institutions, the possibilities are endless. Click here to view the 2018/2019 Pathways Book and learn how you can tailor your post secondary journey with one of Fleming Collegeâ€™s pathway options.
Showing 51 Colleges and Universities to or from Fleming College
If you have already completed a diploma at Fleming or a diploma or degree at another institution, you could be eligible to complete another diploma in less time and money. You can also build onto your diploma or degree with a post-graduate program to get the skills you need for the job you want!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are Education Pathways?
Education Pathways allow you to use the credentials you earn at Fleming to continue learning. Whether it's gaining a dual credential at Fleming or degree completion at a partner institution, we have a pathway to fit your needs.
Check out your options and approximate timelines below:
Certificate to diploma 3 years Certificate to degree 4 years Diploma to diploma 3 years Diploma to advanced diploma 3 years Diploma to general degree 4 years Advanced diploma to honours degree 5 years
The above scenarios are based on average completion times. Each pathway is unique and may take longer than the above stated timelines.
- What is an articulation agreement?
An official agreement between two or more institutions - usually a college and a university - that authorizes studies undertaken in specific programs at one institution to be credited toward specific programs at another institution.
- What is a bridge program?
A set of courses designed specifically to provide a person who already possesses certain qualifications with the additional skills and knowledge required for admission into a specific program. Most commonly, before transferring from a diploma to a degree, a student might need to complete summer courses in a bridge program at the receiving institution.
- What is a credit transfer?
Recognition of previous academic achievement including establishing course-by-course equivalencies, granting unassigned credit, agreeing to grant specified blocks of credit transfer for completed credentials, or the development of prior learning assessment and recognition processes.
- How to apply for transfer credit?
If you would like to apply for a course exemption you must download/print the Transfer Credit/Exemption Form and return it to the Registrar's Office.
- If I do not have a high school diploma or am missing program requirements is there a pathway to Fleming College?
Are you looking to attend college but never finished your high school diploma? Are you missing the minimum admission requirements for your program of choice? Maybe you've been in the workforce but are looking for a career change and want to brush up on your academic skills. At Fleming, our Academic Upgrading (AU) program offers a service to individuals who didn't complete high school or need to improve their marks to be eligible for admission consideration into an apprenticeship, certificate, or diploma program.
In 2015-16, more than 110 students who completed AU courses at the College went on to take Fleming programs across six academic schools - the variety of programs range from Biotechnology to Urban Forestry to Electrical Techniques. Further, those students achieved an overall average of 75% or a 3.0 GPA in their first two semesters of study with close to 90% of the students finishing both first and second semesters.
Check out the Academic Upgrading program page for further details and eligibility requirements.
- What if I'm interested in a university that Fleming doesn't have a defined pathway agreement with?
As a Fleming graduate, you can apply to any institution, as long as you meet the entry requirements outlined by that institution. You must contact the institution directly and they will assess your admission eligibility; if eligible and you are accepted, they will then assess transfer credits by doing a credit by credit evaluation of your existing credentials.
- How do I find my Fleming course outlines?
- Login to myCampus
- On the left hand side of your screen, in the menu, click "My Course Outlines"
- What does Advanced Standing mean?
Advanced Standing is a term used to describe the procedure of granting credit to a student for previously completed credentials undertaken.
- Where can I find out more information?
- Education Pathways Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fleming Admissions Office: email@example.com
- Fleming Transfer Credit Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
ONTransfer.ca is a service provided by the Ontario Council on Articulation and Transfer (ONCAT) to connect current and prospective students to transfer opportunities. For more information: https://www.ontransfer.ca
- Can I talk to someone to make sure my Education Pathway matches my career goals?
Yes. Fleming College Career Services can help you explore your career goals through a variety of means. Career Services offers one-on-one appointments, workshops, drop-in clinics, online resources, and events that are designed to support and assist in making choices about your career path. Learn more about Career Services by visiting our website.
- Fleming attempts to ensure accuracy and appropriateness of the content. However, it is your responsibility to confirm that the agreement information is current and applicable to your situation with the receiving institution
- An articulation or credit transfer agreement does not guarantee admission with the receiving institution. Fleming encourages you to inquire with the receiving institution's admissions office for further details
- Completing a certificate or diploma at Fleming will be one piece of your postsecondary education. Therefore, Fleming recommends that you retain a copy of each course outline, should you continue your education with an institution that does not have an articulation or credit transfer agreement with the College.
Fleming - Where in the World?
Fleming College is an active local, national and global community partner. Visit Fleming - Where in the World? to discover how Fleming makes its mark around the world through conference participation, presentations, research, consulting and training, teaching, mentoring, business development, and exchange and field trip opportunities.