Certificate of Successful Completion in Academic Upgrading
Frost Campus (ACF)
Cobourg Campus (ACL)
Fleming CREW Haliburton (ACH)
We offer a flexible, customized Academic Upgrading program designed to meet your needs and educational goals.
Academic Upgrading at Fleming College Can Benefit You If:
- You are 19 years of age or older
- You didn't finish high school
- You have been out of school for a while and don't feel ready for college studies
- You have your high school diploma, but you don't have some of the prerequisites that you need for the college program or apprenticeship you'd like to apply for
- You want to refresh your Math, Communications or Computer skills before re-entering the workforce
- You need your "Grade 12 Equivalency" to improve your career prospects
With the support and instruction of Fleming College's Academic Upgrading team, we can help you overcome these obstacles and excel. Academic Upgrading services are available at all of our campuses - in Peterborough (Sutherland Campus), Lindsay (Frost Campus), Cobourg and Haliburton.
Call or email us, and we'll prepare you for an assessment that will help us determine your present level in reading, writing, and mathematics. Then, based upon your goals, we will work with you to develop a plan outlining what you need to do and how long it will take.
- Your learning is self-paced - you set your own deadlines with your academic advisor and can adjust them, if your plans change
- You can start your academic upgrading any time, year-round
- Attend full or part-time, day or evening (as available) - schedule your classroom hours around your work and family responsibilities
- Advanced level courses (such as most A.C.E. Certificate courses) are available online
- All students in the program are adults
- Classes are held in a college environment
- Depending on your situation, you might be able to take some college courses while you do your academic upgrading
Academic Upgrading courses are free to most residents of Ontario. This Employment Ontario program is funded by the Ontario government.
We can also provide financial help for transportation and child-care expenses, for those who need it and qualify.
Regardless of your past experience, you can succeed. We know people learn in different ways and we will work with you and your learning style. You will be studying either independently or in a non-traditional classroom, along with other adult learners, with a teacher always ready to provide the support you need. Your fellow "academic upgraders" are often "in the same boat" and you may find that you form good friendships and a helpful support network.
In addition to academic assistance, the Academic Upgrading program provides:
- Career and educational counselling, time management tips, and goal setting
- Help with applications to college, apprenticeship programs or jobs when you finish your academic upgrading
By the time you've completed your studies in the Academic Upgrading program, you will be prepared to reach your goals - be they further education, training, or a new career. You will have acquired a new confidence and ability to learn - which will serve you well wherever you go, and in whatever you do.
Tuition and ancillary fees are subject to change without notice. The fees presented below reflect Fall start programs only for the current academic year. For details about the fee differences for other program start dates please refer to the Tuition Details chart below.