Top 5 Tips for Convocation
Here to make life a little easier, we've created a list of our top 5 tips for grads to help you make the most of your big day!
- Bring a phone with a full charge.
You don't want anything to get in the way of the memories. And don't forget to ask family and friends to get snap-happy.
- Wear comfortable shoes
You can be fashionable and functional. Comfort is key to preparing yourself for continuous standing and unlimited walking around on your graduation day.
- BYOWB (Bring your own water Bottle)
Stay hydrated! Bring a reusable water bottle that you can refill throughout the day.
- Prepare for a lot of clapping
Manage your clapping pace throughout the event so that your hands do not get tired quickly.
Enjoy your graduation, and good luck!
Celebrate On Social!
Smile, snap and share... your #FlemingGrad moments with us. Use #FlemingGrad and tag @FlemingCollege on Instagram and Twitter for the chance to be featured.
Search for our custom Instagram grad stickers in Instagram Stories.
We have 3 stickers to link to:
- If I completed my program in 2021, am I eligible to attend this convocation?
- All students who successfully completed their program requirements in Spring 2021, Fall 2021 and Winter 2022 will receive their credential at this June’s convocation ceremony.
- When should I arrive for my convocation ceremony?
- On your ceremony day we ask that all graduates arrive one hour prior to your ceremony beginning. This will allow you time to check in at Graduate Registration, pick up your gown and get organized for the Graduate Procession into your ceremony.
- When should my guests arrive?
- Guest seating begins approximately 30 minutes prior to the ceremony starting. Guests should have their guest tickets with them either printed out or on their mobile device.
- How many guests can I bring?
- Each graduate will receive two guest tickets. Graduates can request additional tickets, but these are not guaranteed. Graduates will be notified in advance of their ceremony if their extra ticket request has been granted or not.
- I want to invite a guest from abroad. Does the college provide an invitation letter?
- Graduates who wish to invite a guest from abroad can access the convocation letter here. This letter can be included in the Temporary Resident Visa application as a supporting document to confirm when the convocation is taking place. Please refer to the Inviting Guests to Visit Canada section of our website for further information. Please note that students are responsible for writing their own letters and individual letters with student/guest names are not provided.
- Can I attend this convocation if I was a 2020 or 2021 graduate?
- 2020 (students who completed their programs in Spring 2019, Fall 2019 and Winter 2020) and 2021 (students who completed their programs in Spring 2020, Fall 2020 and Winter 2021) graduates will be invited to attend their own graduation celebration later this fall. More details will be sent to those students directly.