School of Trades and Technology
Join the New Class of Skilled Professionals
High demand trades and technology occupations are the foundation of a thriving economy. Many people working in these sectors make six-figure incomes and enjoy excellent benefits. (Source: Skills Canada-Ontario.) Our school provides hands-on training in world-class facilities, incorporating the latest techniques in a variety of apprenticeship, skilled trades and technology programs.
The School of
Trades and Technology
- Carpenter - General Apprentice (Advanced - Level 3)
- Carpenter - General Apprentice (Basic - Level 1)
- Carpenter - General Apprentice (Intermediate - Level 2)
- Cook Apprentice Level 1 (Basic)
- Cook Apprentice Level 2 (Advanced)
- Electrician - Construction & Maintenance Apprentice (Advanced - Level 3)
- Electrician - Construction & Maintenance Apprentice (Basic - Level 1)
- Electrician - Construction & Maintenance Apprentice (Intermediate - Level 2)
- Plumber Apprenticeship Level One - Basic
- Plumber Apprenticeship Level Three - Advanced
- Plumber Apprenticeship Level Two - Intermediate
- Certificates for Hoisting & Rigging; Lockout/Tag Out; WHMIS
- Plus Grade 12 equivalency - required for most apprenticeships
Full Food Experience
It's classic cooking and basic nutrition, on-trend sustainable culture and local food connections. It's what's new and now. Fleming's culinary programs give you all that with plenty of experience in real life settings. Applied learning is 70% of the focus in the Culinary Management program. Along with culinary skills, you'll gain business and essential life skills that will help you be successful in your culinary career.
Fleming College offers a variety of apprenticeship programs, combining the required practical experience and theory, led by fully qualified instructors.
Kawartha Trades and Technology Centre
87,000-square-foot skills training facility, located at Sutherland Campus in Peterborough.
- Built to LEED environmental and energy efficiency standards
- State-of-the art shop facilities, smart classrooms, high-tech labs, and modular and integrated learning spaces
- Home to full-time and part-time trades and apprenticeship programs as well as dual credit courses for high school students, and initiatives to promote the trades to young women and elementary school students