The campus is nestled in the inspirational Haliburton Highlands region overlooking Head Lake, in the town of Haliburton.
About two-and-half hours from Toronto, Haliburton is known for amazing scenery and an eclectic community of resident artists. It's a welcoming, safe community where everything you need is close by - from shopping to accommodations to medical services.
Designed to deliver exceptional arts programming while showcasing innovative, green architecture and construction, the campus is home to the renowned Haliburton School of Art + Design, a leader in providing unique arts programming in Canada. We offer the Visual and Creative Arts diploma, full-time or part-time, ten intensive art certificates and over 350 art courses in our summer program.
Part of the Fleming College vision is to provide community access to higher education. The Haliburton campus serves the local community through Continuing Education, Academic Upgrading and Employment Ontario.
Features of the Haliburton Campus
- spacious art studios, classrooms, common areas and with maximum natural light and exposure to outdoor woodland spaces
- three-storey Great Hall with adjacent gathering place and eatery
- green design incorporating sustainable heating and cooling systems, fused with contemporary architecture
- remarkable outdoor sculpture gallery featuring 20 installations by Canadian and International artists
Haliburton has a thriving arts scene
- Arts Council: Haliburton Highlands
- Haliburton County Studio Tour
- Haliburton Sculpture Forest
- Highlands Summer Festival
- Rails End Gallery & Arts Centre