Careers At Fleming
- Job Opportunities at Fleming College
- Current Job Postings
- Why Work at Fleming?
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits:
- A Commitment to Ongoing Learning & Development
- An Excellent Working Environment
- A Diverse Workforce
- An Inclusive and Accessible Workplace
Job Opportunities at Fleming College
All job postings can now be found within our new Careers site. This new service allows you to access our online career tools, upload your resume, and search for and apply to jobs at Fleming College. All job postings close at 11:59pm on the close date indicated.
Current Job Postings
Academic Full-Time Positions
- Academic Chair, School of Health and Community Services (Community Services Stream)
- Operations and Programming Manager
Support Full-Time Positions
- Employment Success Facilitator (I/O) (Muskoka/Haliburton)
- Space Planning Coordinator
- Employment Training Project Officer
- Lab Coordinator, CAWT
- Project Coordinator-ARTP (IO)
- Virtual Employment Advisor (I/O)
- Research Eng-Embed Sys-CAMIIT
- Research Engineer-Mech-CAMIIT
- Network Support Analyst - Virtualization and SAN
Contract Faculty Positions
- Contract Faculty - Professor, Communications - Talent Pool
- Contract Faculty - Professor, General Education Electives - Talent Pool
- Contract/Part-Time Faculty, Practical Nursing & Collaborative Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Part-Time/Contract Faculty, SENRS - Applied Environmental Planning Program
If you are a current employee, please log into myCampus to apply internally. All postings can be accessed by clicking: MyCampus > Evolve Administrative Systems > My Self Service > Recruiting > Careers.
Internet Browser Requirements to Apply for Jobs at Fleming:
To ensure your job application is successfully submitted you must confirm your internet browser is compatible with our job application platform. You will be required to use one of the following internet browsers: Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer 11.
Why Work at Fleming?
At Fleming we're always looking for top talent. Join us in helping students achieve learning excellence in a personalized and supportive teaching and learning environment. Our employees will tell you, you can have it all here: a challenging career shaping the future of students, balanced with a lifestyle that is second to none. Live and work in a safe, affordable community with unlimited possibilities.
Each of our campuses is unique; our Sutherland Campus in Peterboroughis our largest campus, the Frost Campus in Lindsayfocuses on environmental and natural resources education, and our Haliburton Campus offers full-time and part-time arts programs at the renowned Haliburton School of Art + Design.
Let us introduce you to Life@Fleming. Learn about what we have to offer internally and externally in the communities surrounding our campuses.
- I am interested in a career at Fleming, how do I submit my application?
All external job opportunities are posted on our Fleming Careers Website. Please click the link above to be re-directed to our current postings.
Unfortunately we no longer accept unsolicited resumes for non-advertised positions.
- Do I need specific qualifications to teach at Fleming?
Our teaching positions at Fleming require a variety of education, skill set and experience dependent on the course or program. Please refer to the posting for the specific qualifications we are looking for.
- Who should I address my cover letter to?
All submissions can be addressed to the Human Resources Department. Every submission received prior to the competition deadline will be reviewed by the Hiring Committee.
- What format should I use when uploading my resume and cover letter?
You are able to copy and paste or upload your cover letter and resume. Uploading your cover letter and resume in a Word or pdf format is preferred. We ask that you do not upload attachments such as references, presentations, portfolios, etc., unless specifically requested.
- I am having technical difficulties uploading my application, what should I do?
- Clear your browser cache
- Make sure pop-ups are not being blocked
- Update your browser to the most recent version
If after trying the above you are still experiencing difficulties you can contact Fleming IT Support by calling 705-749-5530 ext. 4111 and select option 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I've already sent my resume to Fleming, will you use it or refer to it for future competitions?
No, due to the volume we receive, we are not able to review prior resume submissions for any future competitions. You must submit a current resume/application to each individual posting.
- How do I know my application has been received?
If you have submitted your resume/application, you will automatically receive a confirmation e-mail. Please do not respond to this email. You can also see the applications you have submitted in your account on our Careers site. Go to My Activities link in the top navigation bar and verify that your application has a status of "Submitted ".
- How long do you keep my application?
Your resumes/applications will remain in our Careers system indefinitely. You will however be required to reapply to any other postings that interest you.
- When will you be contacting people for interviews?
The timing of the steps involved for each competition varies and while we appreciate your interest in working at Fleming we are only able to contact those applicants we wish to interview.
- I didn't get called for an interview but feel I have what Fleming is looking for. Can I get feedback on my resume/application?
While we can appreciate your inquiry for feedback with your resume/application, rest assured that your application has been carefully considered. Only candidates we wish to interview are contacted.
- Can I make an appointment to meet with a representative of Fleming's Human Resources Department to discuss my skills and qualifications for possible future employment?
Due to the volume of recruiting that occurs in the Human Resources Department, we are unable to meet individuals for one-on-one consultations. We will contact you directly if additional information is required from you.
Comprehensive Employee Benefits:
- Excellent Benefits Package with Sun Life
- CAAT Pension Plan
- Generous Vacation Time
- Tuition Waiver for Dependent Children
- Rewards and Recognition Program
- Variety of Work/Life Balance Options
- Employee Assistance Program
A Commitment to Ongoing Learning & Development
- Paid Sabbaticals
- Tuition Subsidy
- Access to College Courses at a Nominal Fee
- Development Programs for all Employee Groups
An Excellent Working Environment
At Fleming College, through work we call the 'Commitment to our Colleagues' we are striving towards excellence in the workplace. The results from a recent employee survey helped us to articulate five dimensions of an excellent working environment:
- Stepping up to take action based on our values
- Building trust through respectful, collaborative relationships
- Achieving sustainable results
- Learning and growing
- Innovating and taking risks
A Diverse Workforce
Fleming is a signatory to the Colleges and Institutes Canada Indigenous Education Protocol. This historic document reaffirms Flemingâ€™s commitment to Indigenous education, hiring, and employment practices and provides a vision of how the College will strive to improve and better serve Indigenous peoples. More information on this document and Flemingâ€™s commitment is available here.
An Inclusive and Accessible Workplace
Sir Sandford Fleming College is committed to building an inclusive and accessible learning and working environment. We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as enshrined in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this commitment, Fleming College will make appropriate accommodations available throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform our Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation.
For more information on Accessibility at Fleming College please see our Accessibility Page.