in Skills on Demand - Work and Academic Upgrading
Skills on Demand is a free, flexible Work and Academic Upgrading program customized to help you achieve your educational and career goals.
Courses in a variety of subjects including math, computers, communications, and sciences, can help you move forward with goals such as entry into post-secondary, employment, apprenticeship, or refreshing and gaining the essential skills required for todayâ€™s in-demand careers.
- Self-paced Learning â€“ in our adult environment, you can set your own deadlines with your student advisor
- Start Anytime â€“ our programs have year-round continuous intake
- Pick Your Schedule â€“ attend full or part-time, day or evening (as available) - schedule around your work and family responsibilities
- Online Learning â€“ some advanced courses are available in an online format
- Targeted Training â€“ ask us about short-term flexible courses that are specifically designed for employment goals
- Our classrooms are small and provide 1-to-1 individual attention from instructors
- Study Options - choose a combination of in-class, from home and online study
- With the support of Fleming College's Work and Academic Upgrading team, we can help you create a new path regardless of your challenges or previous barriers
ACCESS OUR SERVICES
Our services are available in all the communities Fleming serves - Peterborough, Lindsay, Cobourg and Haliburton. Work and Academic Upgrading courses are FREE to most residents of Ontario, and we can provide financial help for transportation and child-care expenses for those who qualify.
Skills on Demand - Work and Academic Upgrading is a fit if you:
- Are 19 years of age or older
- Didn't finish high school
- Have been out of school for a while and need to refresh your academic skills to prepare for college
- Have your high school diploma but are missing prerequisites that you need for a college program or apprenticeship
- Want to refresh your Math, Communications or Computer skills before re-entering the workforce
- Need your "Grade 12 Equivalency" to improve your career prospects
Your success is our priority. People learn in different ways and we are committed to working with you to help you reach your goals. Our non-traditional classroom allows for teacher support in a relaxed environment with other adult learners.
In addition to academic assistance, the program provides:
- Career and educational counselling,
- Time management, goal setting and other learning strategies tips
- Help with applications to college and apprenticeship programs when you finish your academic upgrading
- Referrals to community services and resources that can help you move your plans forward
- When you complete your studies in the program, you will be prepared to reach your personal goals: further education, training, or a new career. You will have acquired new confidence, new skills and enhanced learning abilities all that will serve you well wherever you go and in whatever you do.
Let us help you get started on your future plan. Contact the Skills on Demand â€“ Work and Academic Upgrading office in your local area for a free personal consultation.
This Employment Ontario program is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario and through the Canada-Ontario Job Fund Agreement.