skip navigation

How to Apply for International Education

Admission Requirements

All international students applying to post-secondary programs must have a secondary school diploma or equivalent. International students applying to post-graduate programs must have a recognized college diploma or university degree in a related field to the program of interest.

Education requirements

  • Post Graduate Certificates:

    All Graduate Certificates require a minimum 15 years of academics in 1st or 2nd Division (Degree or Diploma) PLUS the admission requirements noted for each individual program.

  • Fast Track:

    Students with a minimum of 15 years of academics in 1st or 2nd Division with a diploma in a field related to the Fast Track Program will typically be assessed for Fast Track entry to Year Two (Semester 3). Further advanced standing beyond the Fast Track option may be granted for students with more advanced credentials.

  • Diplomas and Certificates:

    Minimum admission requirements for post-secondary programs is Higher Secondary Certificate or Standard XII with minimum 50% average plus additional requirements noted below.

  • English proficiency:

    International applicants must meet Fleming College's English language proficiency requirements in order to gain admission to a study program. See the Language requirements page for more information.

  • Immunization Requirements

    Specific immunization requirements for each program can be found on the Health Services page.

How Do I Apply?

Please download the Application form below and send it to the International Education Office.

International Student Application

What happens after I apply for admission?

  • If you are accepted into a program, you will receive an acceptance package. Upon receiving your acceptance package, you should contact the nearest Canadian Embassy or Consulate to begin the process of applying for a Student Visa and/or Study Permit (
  • You will need to confirm your offer of acceptance and make tuition deposit by the dates indicated in your acceptance package.
  • You will need to consider your housing options.
  • Please contact our office if you would like us to arrange airport pick up service.

What is the deadline date to apply for admission?

  • As space in some programs may be limited, applicants are also strongly encouraged to apply on or before February 1st prior to desired intake. Applications will be evaluated on a first-come, first-served basis.
  • International students should apply as early as possible in order to allow enough time to obtain temporary resident visas, if necessary, and study permits, both of which can take several months.
  • It is the student's responsibility to ensure they have enough time to apply for their Study Permit and/or Student Visa.
  • The Office of Admissions will process all complete applications within 10 business days.

Last Revised: