How to Apply for International Education
- 6 Steps to guide you through your journey to Fleming College
- Applicant Processing Information
- Additional Requirement Information
You have made a great choice! Fleming College is home to a diverse offering of programs, and welcomes students from around the world. We proudly offer three (3) post secondary intakes: September, January, and May.
6 Steps to guide you through your journey to Fleming College
Step 1: Choose a program
Review the programs that we have available.
Be sure to check the following:
- Program start date (the tab at the side of each program page indicates start dates).
- Do I meet the minimum admissions requirements?
- Does the length of program meet my visa requirements (is it at least 2 semesters in length)?
Step 2: Gather Documents
Your application will require the following documents:
- Diploma Programs
Scanned original, certified/notarized, secondary school graduation transcripts (please include scratch card information if submitting from WAEC region).
- Post Graduate Programs
Scanned original, certified/notarized university and/or college transcripts.
- All documents must be translated into English (where applicable) by an official notary or approved educational resource.
- Check the English Language Testing requirements.
Fleming reserves the right to request WES (or similar) verification of documents: https://www.wes.org/ca/eca/
Step 3: When to apply
May 2019 Intake
Accepting applications starting December 17, 2018
September 2019 Intake
Accepting Applications starting February 22, 2019
January 2020 Intake
2020 January application dates coming soon!
We process applications as quickly as we can, with a goal of providing offers within 10 business days of receiving an application. Application processing times can vary, due to the volume of applicants. Check your OCAS IAS profile often to see any updates (or check with your agent if applicable).
If you have not received a status update within 30 days of submitting your application, please contact International Admissions directly at email@example.com.
- Apply as early as possible in order to allow enough time to obtain temporary resident visas (if necessary) and study permits, both of which can take several months.
- It is the student's responsibility to ensure they have enough time to apply for their Study Permit and/ or Student Visa.
See the chart below to determine the window for applications for each country.
Step 4: How to apply
Please note: If programs show as unavailable/closed in the International OCAS portal, they are currently full or we have a large number of applications that have not been processed. You are advised to check the application portal weekly to see if new spaces have opened.
Applications for the May 2019 intake are now available.
Applications for the September 2019 intake will be available mid-February
Please submit through Ontariocolleges.ca International Application.
Please click here to apply on behalf of an applicant.
* New applicants will be required to pay a $100 CAD fee when submitting an application.
Current Fleming Students
Please submit through Ontariocolleges.ca International Application.
How to Finalize Applications Online:
Upon payment of your application fee, at the end of the application, it is important you return back to your application to select "Submit". If your credit card requires processing time (can be 1 to 3 days) OR you choose to pay via wire, you will receive an update from Ontariocollege.ca when the payment has been accepted. It is very important you log back into your application and submit - failure to do so results in Fleming not receiving your application.
You (or your agent) will be advised via email notification if additional supporting documents are required. Processing of applications can only occur once all information has been received, and the application fee is paid.
How does the online application work?
Within the Fleming College Ontariocolleges.ca International Applicant Portal (IAS Portal) you (or your agent, if applicable) will be able to:
- Create an international application to Fleming College
- Pay the application fee (payments made via Flywire)
- Submit an application for review (following payment of application fee)
- Upload supporting documentation (i.e., transcripts, study permits etc.)
- View the status of your application(s)
- Print Letters of Acceptance
- Confirm acceptance of an offer, prior to Confirmation Deposit Payment
- Update your personal information
Upon accepting your offer, all other Fleming offers will be revoked.
Please ensure you are using the International OCAS site (link can be found in Step 4). Applications sent through the Domestic OCAS site will not be assessed.
Step 5: When you have an offer
If you are accepted, you will be notified via email.
- Access your offer through the International Application Portal (IAS Portal) (or from your Agent), and ensure "accept offer" is chosen in your application.
- Pay deposit and fees as required in the offer letter (payment options are included in the offer package). Deposits and fees must be received in our office by the deadline. Your seat will be revoked due to late payment.
- Your fee receipts will be loaded into your OCAS IAS Portal account approximately 7-10 business days after you make your payment. Please be sure to add your student number on all wire and bank transfer payments.
- Begin process of applying for a Student Visa and/or Study Permit if applicable (www.cic.gc.ca).
Step 6: Plan your Trip
Approximately 7 weeks before your term begins, you will receive an email from International Student Services that will begin a series of important information updates to help you get organized.
- Review your housing and airport pick up options
- Review some important information about being a student at Fleming: https://department.flemingcollege.ca/iss/.
Applicant Processing Information
Missing or incomplete documents will negatively impact the outcome of your application and the speed you receive an offer. Please ensure all required documents are submitted.
For Spring 2019, due to Canadian Immigration processing times for student visa applications (as listed by the IRCC at www.canada.ca), we will not process any applications received after the dates below from the corresponding country:
|Iran, Nigeria, Pakistan||February 1, 2019|
|Bahrain, Myanmar, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon||February 22, 2019|
|Anguilla, Botswana, Congo, Eritrea, Isle of Man, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Togo, Kosovo, Zaire||March 8, 2019|
|Azerbaijan, Azores, Benin, Ctl Africa Republic, French Guiana, Ghana, Madagascar, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent/The Grenadines, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam||March 15, 2019|
|Brazil, Gabon, India, Iraq, Ireland, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Macau, Mauritius, Nepal, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Philippines, Panama, China||March 22, 2019|
Additional Requirement Information
International applicants must meet Fleming College's English language proficiency requirements in order to gain admission to a study program. See the Language requirements page for more information.
Specific immunization requirements for each program can be found on the Health Services page.
Some programs require include work experience as part of the curriculum. You may need a Co-op Work Permit. Check your offer letter for more information.