Ontario College Graduate Certificate in International Business Management
As a trading nation, more than a third of the jobs in Canada have an international business component. Organizations are seeking individuals who can be successful in an increasingly globalized environment. Led by faculty who have extensive international business experience, this post-graduate program prepares you to pursue fulfilling careers in a variety of business situations. The instructional program spans two semesters plus an intensive seven week applied project. It includes a combination of traditional classroom instruction and unique combination of experiential learning techniques. Program topics are constantly upgraded to ensure relevance to current international market issues.
Globalization is an integral part of the business environment and its importance is growing each year. Whether it is here in Canada or across the world in countries like India and China, an understanding of the international marketplace is critical for success in business.
- A unique perspective that encompasses the principals of Environment, Diversity, Global Perspective and Experience that guide all business programs at Fleming College.
- A combination of delivery techniques assures a rounded approach and direct experience in the workplace.
- Instruction and practice in essential business skills that include sound research skills, written, and oral presentation skills, and customer service orientation.
- Not only do we focus on the core foundations of international business, we also look at developing the skills necessary for individuals to grow into the managers, owners and influencers of tomorrow’s global business world. Courses on innovation, leadership, and social and environmental responsibility will elevate you to this level.
- The course work, coupled with our capstone Applied Project, will give you the skills and experience that are sought after by businesses and that are necessary to compete internationally.
Why Choose Fleming?
- We ensure that students understand the international marketplace, and we build on this, striving for the ability to apply this understanding to analyze, synthesize and critique.
- Fleming College provides a learning experience that is supported by highly experienced and trained faculty from a wide range of disciplines and industries. Course material is delivered in a variety of methods including traditional lectures, case studies, simulations, guest speakers and field trips and a unique applied learning approach.
- During the Applied Project, you will work with mentors and fellow classmates on real life, real world international projects for real clients. This experience will demonstrate to others that you can put words into action and will also clearly illustrate to employers that you are ready for the world of international business.
- Fleming College is well connected at the local, regional and global levels and is highly attuned to the needs of the business community. The College maintains strong relationships with the business, not-for-profit and governmental sectors and enjoys a solid reputation for producing high quality graduates.
What it Takes to Succeed
- Cross culture awareness
- Strong basic communication skills: verbal, written and presentation
- The ability to take risks and an entrepreneurial attitude
- The ability to work in teams and assume leadership roles when required
Upon graduation you will be ready to pursue careers in a wide range of areas that include: companies who manufacture, market and sell overseas; companies who deal with international trade and logistics; governmental or non-governmental not-for-profit organizations focused on international initiatives; and consulting firms who assist others in their international initiatives.
Minimum Admission Requirements
- A recognized undergraduate college diploma or university degree in business, applied arts, computer engineering, international studies, technology or hospitality/tourism.
- Professionals who are currently in management or with equivalent and related work experience in any of the above disciplines will be considered for admission on an individual basis.