Ontario College Graduate Certificate in International Business Management
The one-year International Business Management program builds on the education and experience of students in business and commerce. It combines traditional classroom instruction with a variety of experiential learning techniques that help graduates prepare for success in the workplace.
The current business environment in Canada is highly integrated with a rapidly changing global economy. A strong understanding of the international marketplace is essential for successful business managers.
This program features a broad approach that links traditional business disciplines with concepts in corporate social responsibility, diversity and innovation. The focus is building skills that will allow individual contributors to grow into managers.
Why Choose Fleming?
- Fleming College provides a learning experience that is supported by faculty from a wide range of disciplines and industries. The College has strong local, regional and global ties and is highly attuned to the needs of the business community. Students will be in an environment that values academic excellence, as well as practical workplace skills, and has an extensive suite of support services.
- Course material will be delivered using a variety of methods including traditional lectures, case studies, simulations, guest speakers and field trips.
- There is a vibrant and fast-growing international student community, which provides a rich experience for domestic and international students.
What it Takes to Succeed
- Cross-cultural awareness
- Curiosity and initiative
- Communication skills: verbal, written and presentation
- Ability to work in teams, assume leadership role when required
- Organization and time management skills
- Problem solving skills, analytical abilities
Graduates of the International Business Management program will be equipped to pursue career opportunities in the disciplines in which they have been trained. They will bring a broad focus to industry, government and not-for-profit enterprises in the fields of manufacturing, service delivery, logistics, marketing and sales.
Minimum Admission Requirements
- A recognized undergraduate college diploma or university degree in business, applied arts, computer engineering, international studies, technology or hospitality/tourism.
- Professionals who are currently in management or with equivalent and related work experience in any of the above disciplines will be considered for admission on an individual basis.