The Canada Ontario Job Grant (COJG)
Training for your employees at one third of the cost.
The Canada Ontario Job Grant provides financial support for employers who wish to purchase training for new or current employees. Employers choose the individuals they would like to have trained, and the training that meets their workforce development needs.
- Available to Ontario private and non-profit employers and First Nations band councils for jobs in Ontario
- Intended for employees who need new skills for their current or new position, and for new hires. Training can focus on any area of interest for up to one year in length
- Employer contribution: one-third of the eligible training costs. Small businesses may be eligible for a partial in-kind contribution of their third
- Grant contribution: remaining eligible training costs, up to a maximum of $10,000 per individual
- Eligible training costs include tuition, training-required textbooks, tools, clothing, student fees and examination fees
"Our employee Jackie was funded to take a Quickbooks course. She is now more competent with Quickbooks and is able to do tasks, for which we previously had to pay an accountant."
Owner of City Welding Works and COJG recipient
"As a not-for-profit, our workplace has limited funds for training, but with the assistance of Fleming Crew staff, we were able to secure two COJG grants that meant all six of our direct supervisors are able to benefit from Fleming's PEAK Leadership training. The training has equipped us with essential skills and knowledge to excel as a leader in any work environment."
Team Leader - Supported Employment and Volunteer Program
Peterborough Communication Support Systems
Training and course related information:
Funding and application process information: