Peterborough ON – (October 8, 2019) – Fleming College will offer a variety of new diploma, certificate and graduate programs beginning in 2020. Each program meets a demand within the rapidly changing labour market and will provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in their chosen career.
Fleming will offer seven new programs in the new year, including:
- Conservation Biology, a diploma program in which students focus on the conservation of at-risk animal populations using current research and technologies, including genetics and environmental DNA (eDNA).
- Food and Nutrition Management, a Graduate Certificate program that will focus on culinary management and nutrition skills that give students an edge on advanced supervisory or management positions in commercial or industrial kitchens.
- Mechatronics, a Graduate Certificate program focused on advanced manufacturing, industrial automation, robotics, electronics engineering and computer programming.
- Supply Chain Management – Global Logistics, where students will learn a diverse set of skills to successfully oversee, synchronize and manage supply chain operations. This program will run in May and September 2020.
- Emergency Management and Business Continuity, teaches professionals how to plan for, respond, and work to manage natural, technological and human-caused disasters. The primarily online program provides the knowledge, skills and practical hands-on training to promote resilience and ensure enterprises and communities continue to function, recover and thrive.
- Community Pharmacy Assistant, where students work alongside pharmacists and pharmacy technicians in community, medical clinic pharmacies or long-term care pharmacy settings. This program will run in September 2020.
- Geothermal Systems, a Graduate Certificate program that prepares students to install, maintain, and repair geothermal loop fields and hydronic systems for heating and cooling buildings.
“We are very pleased to offer a variety of new programs, with each new program focused on the needs of both our students and employers in the labour market,” said Maureen Adamson, Fleming College President. “Fleming College is committed to understanding the job market and providing the talent that industry is looking for. Through our new programs, our goal is to ensure our students have the knowledge and skills required to contribute to innovation in Canada.”
For a full listing of programs at Fleming College, please visit flemingcollege.ca/programs.
About Fleming College
Located in the heart of Central Ontario, Fleming College has campus locations in Peterborough, Lindsay, Cobourg and Haliburton. Named for famous Canadian inventor and engineer Sir Sandford Fleming, the college features more than 100 full-time programs in Arts and Heritage, Business, Environmental and Natural Resource Sciences, General Arts and Sciences, Health and Wellness, Justice and Community Development, Skilled Trades and Technology, and Continuing Education. Fleming College has more than 6,800 full-time and 10,000 part-time students, and 75,000 alumni.
Media, for more information please contact:
705.749.5530 x 1366