FLEMING COLLEGE'S "FIVE” THOUSAND DOLLAR “CASH FOR COLLEGE" CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. The Marketing Department (“organizer”) of Sir Sandford Fleming College of Applied Arts and Technology is the official overseer of the "FIVE Thousand Dollar Cash for College" contest. Sir Sandford Fleming College of Applied Arts and Technology (“Sponsor”) is the official sponsor of the "FIVE Thousand Dollar Cash for College" contest.
2. The contest period runs from November 3, 2020 to 12:00 pm September 6, 2021. The draw will take place on September 9, 2021.
3.This contest is open to legal residents of Canada (except Quebec) who meet the contest eligibility requirements set out under the eligibility section below, and is subject to all Canadian applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws. This contest is void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
4. One winner will be randomly selected from all entries submitted. In the event the winner does not (i) meet eligibility criteria; (ii) does not respond to the prize notification within 3 business days; or (iii) fails to return the contest documents within 10 business days of notification, he/she will forfeit their prize and the prize will default to an alternate or subsequent alternate winner.
5. In the event none of the entrants drawn meet eligibility criteria, no prize will be awarded.
6. All entries become the property of Sir Sandford Fleming College and none shall be returned.
7. No correspondence will be entered into except with winning entrants.
8. Contest entrants must be minimum 16 years of age, and a resident of Canada (excluding Quebec). If an entrant is not of the age of majority at the time of entry, the entrant must have a parent or legal guardian's permission to enter the contest and, if a prize winner, may require his/her parent or legal guardian to act on his/her behalf.
9. Eligible entrants are domestic students who are registered for the FIRST TIME to attend Sir Sandford Fleming College starting September 2021 in a full-time Ontario College Diploma, Ontario College Advanced Diploma, Ontario College Graduate Certificate program, Two-semester Ontario College Certificate program, or Haliburton School of Art and Design College Certificate program at Sir Sandford Fleming College and have paid the fee for the first semester for an eligible program. Students receiving OSAP are eligible.
10. Persons who are enrolled in Academic Upgrading, English as a Second Language and all Apprentice programs are NOT eligible for the draw.
Persons who are receiving income from funding programs from a Federal, Provincial or Native Band Council program to attend the College are NOT eligible for the draw. Examples of such programs which are not eligible, and this is not an exhaustive list, includes:
Second Career, HRDC, WSIB, Ontario Skills and Opportunities Grant programs.
Fleming College employees, and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter the contest.
11.By entering this contest, it is acknowledged that the entrant has read, understood, and will abide by these rules and regulations.
12.To be eligible for the draw, entries must be received by 12:00 p.m. September 6, 2021.
HOW TO ENTER THE DRAW
13.Recruitment event participants who complete online registration ballot can enter the contest.
14. The other way to enter the contest is to fill in an official on-line registration entry form provided for this purpose on the Sir Sandford Fleming College website. (www.flemingcollege.ca).
15.Each entrant must include their full name, address, phone number, and e-mail address on the entry form.
16.No purchase, expenditure, or investment is necessary to enter this contest except for the payment of fees for the first semester for an eligible program. Limit of one entry per person regardless of entry method.
CONTEST DRAW AND PRIZE
17.The winner will be randomly drawn from the pool of eligible entries on September 9, 2021.
18.The winner will be notified by telephone, mail or e-mail within three (3) business days. It is the entrant’s responsibility to set his/her account settings to accept email messages from Sir Sandford Fleming College.
19. In order to win the prize, the eligible entrant must first correctly answer an unaided (mechanical or other assistance) mathematical skill-testing question on the Cash for College Contest Release Form provided by the Sponsor. The entrant (or the selected entrant's parent or legal guardian, if the selected entrant is not of the age of majority) must then sign the Release confirming compliance with the Rules, acceptance of the prize as awarded and releasing the Sponsor, its parents and affiliated corporations and advertising and promotional agents and their respective partners, directors, officers, employees and agents (as applicable) from any liability in connection with the prize or this contest.
20. If the winner cannot be contacted and confirmed within three (3) business days, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
21.The prize to be awarded to the winner is a Five Thousand ($5,000.00) credit towards Fall 2021 and Winter 2022 tuition at Sir Sandford Fleming College. The credit will be applied to the entrant’s Fleming College account in two equal instalments of twenty-five hundred dollars ($2,500.00) each. The first installment will be applied to the entrant’s account on the 11th day of the Fall 2021 semester and the second installment will be applied to the entrant’s account on the 11th day of the Winter 2022 semester, provided that the winner is a student enrolled in an eligible program at Fleming College at the time of each payment. If the prize winner does not attend courses in Winter 2022, he/she shall forfeit the portion of the prize that was to be applied to Winter 2022 tuition costs. If the winner is a Haliburton School of Art + Design certificate student, the second installment will be awarded on the final day of the fall 2021 semester. If the prize winner registered in a two – semester Ontario College Certificate program where the tuition is less than the $2500 per semester, the total prize amount awarded will be equal to the sum of the tuition for semesters one and two.
22. The prize is non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions. Sir Sandford Fleming College reserves the right to substitute a prize of equivalent value if a prize cannot be awarded as described.
23. The $5,000 prize will be applied as a credit towards tuition to the winning student’s Fleming College account.
24. Any additional costs (including compulsory non-tuition related fees, parking or locker fees or fees associated with visas or work permits) and any applicable taxes associated with the prize and incurred by the winner are the sole responsibility of the winner and not the responsibility of Sir Sandford Fleming College.
25. The odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
26. By participating in this contest, the entrant agrees:
- to be bound by these contest rules and the decisions of Sir Sandford Fleming College, whose decisions are final and binding without right of review or appeal;
- to the use of the entrant's name, likeness, voice, image recording, digital image, and video footage and statements for editorial, promotional, and advertising purposes without compensation;
- that if selected as the winner, the entrant gives Sir Sandford Fleming College and its agents the right to publish or broadcast the winner's name, likeness, voice, image, recording, video footage or statements for editorial, promotional, advertising and publicity purposes without compensation other than the value of the prize offered; and
- to release and indemnify and hold harmless Sir Sandford Fleming College, its advertising and promotional agencies, the prize suppliers, all of their respective officers, directors, employees, owners, agents, contractors, representatives, successors, and assigns from any liability in connection with or arising out of this contest, the awarding of the prize, the use of any personal information, or the use of merchandise purchased in relation to winning a prize.
27. The draw winners must provide proof of age, proof of registration in an eligible program, and sign a declaration stating they are not receiving income from (i) the Second Career Program, (ii) HRDC, (iii) WSIB, (iv) the Ontario Skills Development and Opportunities Fund, (v) any other government funding agency or (vi) Native Band Council program. The winner must return all necessary documents within ten (10) business days following notification that the entrant has won, or the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate entry.
TERMINATION OR MODIFICATION
28. Sir Sandford Fleming College reserves the right, without prior notice, at any time, to terminate the contest, in whole or in part or modify, or suspend or extend the contest in any way. In no event shall the Sponsor be liable to an entrant or any third party in connection with any such termination or change.
29. In the event that Sir Sandford Fleming College is prevented from continuing the contest by an event beyond its control, Sir Sandford Fleming College has the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the contest. In no event shall the Sponsor be liable to an entrant or any third party in connection with any such termination or change.
30. Entrants must comply with the Rules and will be deemed to have received and understood the Rules if they participate in the contest.
31. Sir Sandford Fleming College and its representatives are not responsible for any lost, misdirected, late, incomplete, illegible, or postage-due entries, which will be void, or for typographical or other production or distribution errors. The Sponsor will not be liable for any failure of the Contest Website, does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof.
32. The prize winner of the Fleming's "Five Thousand Dollar Cash for College" contest are ineligible for any other contest awarded through the Marketing Department of Sir Sandford Fleming College during the 2021/2022 school year.
33. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these contest rules does not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
34. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants, the College or any of the other the Released Parties in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. All parties hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Peterborough, Ontario in any action relating to these Contest Rules or this Contest.
35. Personal information in connection with the contest is collected pursuant to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) and will be used solely for the administration of the contest and if consent is given at the time of entry, information regarding program of interest and college-related communications.
36. Sir Sandford Fleming College is compliant with FIPPA and Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), and endeavours to protect personal information in accordance with these laws. The personal information requested during the contest is collected under the legal authority of the Ontario Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology Act, 2002 and in accordance with Sections 38(2) and 41(1) of FIPPA and in compliance with CASL.
37. By entering or attempting to enter the Contest, each entrant and/or purported entrant agrees to release, discharge, and forever hold harmless the the Sponsor, its parents and affiliated corporations and advertising and promotional agents and their respective partners, directors, officers, employees and agents (as applicable) from any and all claims, actions, damages, injuries, demands, manner of actions, causes of action, suits, debts, duties, accounts, bonds, covenants, warranties, indemnities, claims over, contracts and liabilities of whatever nature or kind arising out of, or in connection with the entrant’s participation or attempted participation in the Contest, compliance or non-compliance with these Contest Rules, and acceptance and use of the prize any portion thereof.