Alumni Relations - Get Involved
Whether you earned your diploma several years ago or as recent as yesterday, here are five reasons why you should stay connected.
- Maintain lifelong friendships; don't lose touch with your Fleming family
- Network; connect with alumni in similar fields, positions and locations as they can help advance your career
- Be informed; receive the most up-to-date information about what's happening on campus
- Have fun! Alumni events are a celebration of all things Fleming
- Keep the pride alive!
Ways you can engage with Fleming College
- Update your Alumni Record
One of the most important ways to ensure you stay connected to your Alma Mater is to update your alumni record annually or when your contact information changes.
- Become a mentor
Be an integral part of someoneâ€™s learning experience by sharing your talents, expertise, and insights with the next generation of professionals.
As a Fleming Connect mentor you can sharpen your own skills as an influential leader while enriching your own journey as a Fleming graduate.
How it works:
1. Create a profile on Fleming Connect, powered by Ten Thousand Coffees, and select topics of interest from the lists provided.
2. Once a month, you will receive a new introduction to a Fleming student or recent graduate. To connect, simply click on the â€śSay Helloâ€ť button.
3. Your conversation can take place a local coffee shop, your favourite spot on campus, or online from the comfort of your office or home.
Help to champion someoneâ€™s career today!
Create your mentor profile here
- Subscribe to Alumni Publications
Sign up to receive Fleming Ties alumni magazine and Alumni Matters monthly e-news. Features include class notes, job postings, alumni benefits, professional development, networking opportunities, Campus news, alumni events and more.
- Share YOUR Story
Inspire others by sharing your story. Update classmates with a Class Note in Fleming Ties or submit a Guest Editorial, a grad profile for our online Grad Feature, present a webinar or be a guest speaker.
- Enjoy your Alumni Perks
Save on home and auto insurance, home furnishings, travel and entertainment, products and services through Fleming's Alumni Perks Program.
Join the Fleming Alumni and Students Group on LinkedIn and network with fellow graduates, current students, faculty and staff. Stay informed of professional development, career and networking opportunities.
- Career Services
Register for an account on our careers website either as a job seeker or an employer hiring Fleming graduates.
- Professional Development
Register for one of our Alumni webinars presented by our very own Fleming College graduates who are experts in their respective field or register for online continuing education courses.
- Organize a Class Reunion
Let us help you organize your event. We can help to promote your event, set up a tour, host online registration, find lost classmates and more.
Your time inspires others and makes a difference! Consider joining a fundraising campaign committee, a program advisory committee or the Alumni Advisory Council.
- Attend an event
Take part in events that bring students, alumni, Fleming employees and community partners together. Annual events include Fleming Night with the Petes, Job Fair, Cast Iron Chef and Local Chef Series, Open House, Art Auction, and Loggersports.
- Social Media Networks
Strengthen your ties through Fleming Alumni Facebook, or by using the hashtag #FlemingAlumni on Twitter and Instagram.
- Give to Fleming
The generosity of our alumni is something we are very proud of. Donations small or grand, helps to advance the academic program you remember and support student successâ€”those who, with your help, can become part of the alumni family.