Orientation at Fleming College
- A Great Start for New Students
- Sutherland Campus (Peterborough)
- Frost Campus (Lindsay)
- Haliburton School of Art + Design
- Social Media
- Frequently asked questions about orientation
A Great Start for New Students
Attending your academic orientation day is the best way to meet your coordinators, understand your responsibilities and course expectations and connect with other new students who are enrolled in your same program.
Sutherland Campus (Peterborough)
Academic Orientation day for most programs starting at the Sutherland Campus is scheduled for Tuesday, September 3rd. Attending your academic orientation day is the best way to meet your coordinators, understand your responsibilities and course expectations and connect with other new students who are enrolled in your same program.
As a reminder to all students, your academic classes are cancelled on September 3rd to accommodate orientation programming. Regular academic timetables will begin on Wednesday, September 4th for all programs at the Sutherland Campus.
Frost Campus (Lindsay)
Classes begin on September 3rd with events and activities scheduled around classes. Some Frost programs will follow a "Modified Week 1" timetable.
Programs following a "Modified Week 1" timetable
- Blasting Techniques
- Earth Resources Technician
- Ecological Restoration Honours B.Sc. - Joint Trent-Fleming Degree/Diploma
- Ecosystem Management Technician/Technology
- Environmental Technician/Technology
- Fish and Wildlife Technician/Technology
- Forestry Technician
- General Arts and Science - Environmental and Natural Resource Studies Option
- Resources Drilling Technician
- Outdoor Adventure Skills
- Outdoor and Adventure Education
Programs following the timetable in myCampus
Students in this group of programs please check your Fleming email for information from your program co-ordinator regarding classes the first week and class cancellations due to field camps.
- Advanced Water Systems Operation and Management
- Applied Planning - Environmental
- Conservation and Environmental Law Enforcement
- Geographic Information Systems - Applications Specialist
- Geographic Information Systems - Cartographic Specialist
- Health, Safety and Environmental Compliance
- Heavy Equipment Operator
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Sustainable Waste Management
- Urban Forestry
- Urban Forestry Technician Co-op
Updated orientation and event information will be emailed to all students, to your Fleming College email, on or before Friday August 23rd. If your program follows a "Modified Week 1" timetable, it will be attached to that email.
Frost Campus students in semesters 2 to 6
Classes start on Tuesday, September 3rd for students entering semesters 2 to 6. Students in semesters 2 to 6 should check their Fleming email for updates from Program co-ordinators and faculty.
Orientation Week Kick-off
There will be a Kick Off Event on Thursday September 5th beginning at 3 pm on the Auk's Lodge patio.
A complete list of orientation events will be posted here in August.
Haliburton School of Art + Design
Academic orientation at the Haliburton School of Art + Design is scheduled on Monday, September 2nd from 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm.
An information package will be emailed to all students at the end of July. Details will also be posted online as they become available.
To keep up to date with what's going on, here are some of the many social media links you could join or follow. You should also be checking your Fleming College email.
Athletics and Recreation
Sutherland Campus Student Government
Frost Campus Student Government
Students for Sustainability
Frequently asked questions about orientation
- Will all programs have academic orientation on the same date and time?
- No, each campus hosts orientation activities differently. Please ensure you read the information about your campus to ensure you are following your unique orientation schedules. Information on your campus orientation can be found above.
- Is orientation about more than academics?
- Is orientation about more than academics? Yes! Many departments in the college, including Athletics, Student Experience, Residence Life, Aboriginal Student Services, International Student Services,Diversity Equity and Inclusion, and your Student Councils have planned activities and events. A full list of "things to do" will be posted on this page.
- Is there hazing involved?
- No! No hazing, initiations, or Hollywood inspired frosh rituals are planned. Programming is designed to welcome and inspire you to participate in all aspects of college life at Fleming, both academically and socially.
- Where can I get a quick look at the various services and supports available at Fleming before I start school?
- Information is always available online through the Fleming College main website and you can also check out the Orientation edition of Student Health 101.
- What are the expections of me, and what can I expect of my Faculty?
- We have put together the following document to answer this question. Please see the Student and Faculty Guidelines for Professional Practice