Orientation at Fleming College
- A Great Start for New Students
- INFORMATION FOR THE SUTHERLAND CAMPUS
- Information for International Students Only
- Frost Campus (Lindsay)
- Haliburton School of Art + Design
- Social Media
- Frequently asked questions about orientation
A Great Start for New Students
Attending your academic orientation day is the best way to meet your coordinators, understand your responsibilities and course expectations and connect with other new students who are enrolled in your same program.
INFORMATION FOR THE SUTHERLAND CAMPUS
More information, including your academic orientation agenda will be posted in December. Check back soon for more details
Academic Orientation day for most programs starting at the Sutherland Campus in January 2020 is scheduled for Monday, January 6th. Attending your academic orientation day is the best way to meet your coordinators, understand your responsibilities and course expectations and connect with other new students who are enrolled in your same program.
Information for International Students Only
In addition to the January 6th orientation day, you are also required to register for the International Student Orientation hosted on campus on January 2 or 3rd. Please ensure you register for your International Student Orientation
Frost Campus (Lindsay)
ORIENTATION WEEK @ FROST CAMPUS
Orientation week is a combination of scheduled classes and events. Classes begin on Monday January 6th. Events are organized by a number of student groups and college departments.
Some Frost programs will follow a “Modified Week 1” timetable.
“Modified Week 1” timetables will be emailed, to your Fleming College email account, on or before Friday December 20th. Students may also pick up their “Modified Week 1” timetable at the “Ask Me Table” in the main foyer Monday January 6th to Wednesday January 8th.
Students following their Week 1 timetable, as it appears on the portal, will be emailed orientation information on or before Friday December 20th.
To check your Fleming email log into the Fleming College Portal.
Haliburton School of Art + Design
Academic orientation at the Haliburton School of Art + Design is scheduled on Monday, September 2nd from 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm.
An information package will be emailed to all students at the end of July. Details will also be posted online as they become available.
To keep up to date with what's going on, here are some of the many social media links you could join or follow. You should also be checking your Fleming College email.
Athletics and Recreation
Sutherland Campus Student Government
Frost Campus Student Government
Students for Sustainability
Frequently asked questions about orientation
- Will all programs have academic orientation on the same date and time?
- No, each campus hosts orientation activities differently. Please ensure you read the information about your campus to ensure you are following your unique orientation schedules. Information on your campus orientation can be found above.
- Is orientation about more than academics?
- Is orientation about more than academics? Yes! Many departments in the college, including Athletics, Student Experience, Residence Life, Aboriginal Student Services, International Student Services,Diversity Equity and Inclusion, and your Student Councils have planned activities and events. A full list of "things to do" will be posted on this page.
- Is there hazing involved?
- No! No hazing, initiations, or Hollywood inspired frosh rituals are planned. Programming is designed to welcome and inspire you to participate in all aspects of college life at Fleming, both academically and socially.
- Where can I get a quick look at the various services and supports available at Fleming before I start school?
- Information is always available online through the Fleming College main website and you can also check out the Orientation edition of Student Health 101.
- What are the expections of me, and what can I expect of my Faculty?
- We have put together the following document to answer this question. Please see the Student and Faculty Guidelines for Professional Practice
- Are orientation events accessible for persons with disabilities?
- We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as enshrined in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this commitment, Fleming College will make appropriate accommodations to support full participation in orientation activities for all students with disabilities.