The Spa + Clinic at Fleming
As a precaution against the infection and spread of COVID -19, Fleming College is announcing the suspension of all large events and public gatherings on all Fleming campuses including all appointments booked at the Spa + Clinic at Fleming. This is effective as of March 13, 2020 and will be in place until further notice.
We appreciate that this will present several inconveniences, but it is in the best interest of our community and visitors to our Fleming campuses.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we all work together to maintain a healthy learning and working community for all.
The Spa + Clinic at Fleming
Open to the public, with a focus on wellness, the Spa + Clinic at Fleming College provides a wide range of services and therapeutic treatments. This is also a teaching facility where students in the Massage Therapy and Esthetician programs gain valuable real-world experience.
Make an appointment
Fleming College, Sutherland Campus (Peterborough)
We appreciate your involvement in our learning environment here at the Spa & Clinic; hands on experience is very important for the students to gain the skills they need to succeed. While we try our best to honour all requests made, it is not guaranteed the student practitioner requested through online booking will provide services for your appointment. We ask that you give at least one hoursâ€™ notice if unable to attend your booked appointment. After three missed appointments without notification your online booking privileges will be deactivated, however, appointments may still be made by calling into the reception desk during regular hours.
Free parking is available to our guests. Please park in Elm Lot, which is the parking lot closest to the main doors of the college, in the spots with red signs labelled "Spa, Clinic & Fulfords".
You will be required provide your licence plate number when you check in at the front desk, so please ensure you have this number on hand.
While the esthetic and massage students appreciate your wonderful feedback after providing their services, they are unable to accept gratuities.
The student clinic allows Massage students to progressively learn to practice as professionals according to standards set by the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario. Students are supervised at all times by experienced Massage Therapists and educators.
75 MINUTE MASSAGE $35
Clients begin by filling in a health history form followed by an interview and assessment by students who develop a Care Plan that is appropriate. The initial evaluation takes between 15 to 60 minutes depending on the clientâ€™s issues. In subsequent sessions clients will receive about 60 minutes of massage and homecare instruction. Students perform ongoing re-assessment as required.
Conditions Benefitting from Massage
- Acute and Chronic Pain
- Orthopedic Injuries
- Muscle Tension
- Anxiety and Depression
- Sports Injuries
- Reduced Movement
- Multiple Sclerosis
Our student- run esthetics spa is open to the public year round offering manicures, pedicures, facials, waxing, and body treatments. We use top- of- the-line, organic and vegan skin care and nail products. The spa is supervised by staff who teach in the Esthetician program and who currently work in the spa industry. We pride ourselves on the high standard of our professional treatments and on the excellent customer service our students provide to you, our valued guests.
Inhale the aroma of sweet orange, mandarin, grapefruit, and ylang ylang drift blissfully in to a state of relaxation. This calms the mind and strengthens the nervous system helping to restore balance and harmony to mind, body and soul.
Spa parties can be customized to suit each individual client's needs.
Choose from over 50 colours. Gel polish must be removed by spa personnel to protect natural nail plate health.
This service cannot be combined with Ultimate Manicure or Royal Treatment Pedicure due to adhesion issues.
MEET OUR TEAM!
Our certified team of registered massage therapists and esthetics faculty have more than 100 years of experience. As a learning lab for our students in the Massage therapy and Esthetician programs, we provide the necessary knowledge and skills for them to succeed.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I am uncomfortable with my body? Do I have to undress?
- Let your therapist know your comfort level. Most techniques are applied to the skin directly and use oil or lotion as lubricant. Your Student Therapist will only expose the area which they are working on. However it is possible to adapt all techniques to a client who is dressed.
- Am I expected to talk during the massage?
- If you wish to have silence, you should say so at the beginning of the treatment. The student therapist is required to check from time to time that you are comfortable. She will also ask for your feedback when working in areas that are potentially painful or sensitive.
- After my appointment, is there anything I need to have on hand or anything specific I should do?
- Plan for 30 minutes of quiet time right after your treatment. An Epsom salt bath is recommended to soothe and to calm muscles, and enhance the benefits of the massage. Make sure to drink water to keep your tissues hydrated. Student therapists will usually prescribe an exercise or two for you to perform daily between your sessions.
- How often should I have massage treatments?
- A mutual consultation with your Student Therapist can help you establish a treatment program which fits your lifestyle and physical requirements. Many clients come once a week or once a month until they reach their desired outcomes.
- Are massage treatments indicated for acute and chronic injuries?
- Yes, it is appropriate for recent injuries (sprains, strains, whiplash) and also chronic musculoskeletal conditions. Massage treatments can be safely adapted to almost all diseases and medical conditions.
- What outcomes can I expect from a massage treatment plan of care?
- Massage treatment can have positive effects on muscle tone, fluid flow, fascial mobility, posture, movement, breathing, and Central Nervous System function. Many clients report improved mood, better responses to stress, and a general sense of well-being after massage.