The Spa + Clinic at Fleming
- Student Massage
- Spa Services
- MEET OUR TEAM!
- Frequently Asked Questions
Open to the public, with a focus on wellness, the Spa + Clinic at Fleming College provides a wide range of services and therapeutic treatments. This is also a teaching facility where students in the Massage Therapy and Esthetician programs gain valuable real-world experience.
Make an appointment
Fleming College, Sutherland Campus (Peterborough)
We appreciate your involvement in our learning environment here at the Spa & Clinic; hands on experience is very important for the students to gain the skills they need to succeed. While we try our best to honour all requests made, it is not guaranteed the student practitioner requested through online booking will provide services for your appointment. We ask that you give at least one hours’ notice if unable to attend your booked appointment. After three missed appointments without notification your online booking privileges will be deactivated, however, appointments may still be made by calling into the reception desk during regular hours.
Free parking is available to our guests. Please park in Elm Lot, which is the parking lot closest to the main doors of the college, in the spots with red signs labelled "Spa, Clinic & Fulfords".
You will be required provide your licence plate number when you check in at the front desk, so please ensure you have this number on hand.
While the esthetic and massage students appreciate your wonderful feedback after providing their services, they are unable to accept gratuities.
The student clinic allows Massage students to progressively learn to practice as professionals according to standards set by the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario. Students are supervised at all times by experienced Massage Therapists and educators.
75 MINUTE MASSAGE $35
Clients begin by filling in a health history form followed by an interview and assessment by students who develop a Care Plan that is appropriate. The initial evaluation takes between 15 to 60 minutes depending on the client’s issues. In subsequent sessions clients will receive about 60 minutes of massage and homecare instruction. Students perform ongoing re-assessment as required.
Conditions Benefitting from Massage
- Acute and Chronic Pain
- Orthopedic Injuries
- Muscle Tension
- Anxiety and Depression
- Sports Injuries
- Reduced Movement
- Multiple Sclerosis
Our student- run esthetics spa is open to the public year round offering manicures, pedicures, facials, waxing, and body treatments. We use top- of- the-line, organic and vegan skin care and nail products. The spa is supervised by staff who teach in the Esthetician program and who currently work in the spa industry. We pride ourselves on the high standard of our professional treatments and on the excellent customer service our students provide to you, our valued guests.
About Aromatherapy and Eve Taylor Skin care
Aromatherapy therapy utilizes natural plants extracts to promote health and well-being via inhalation or topical application to improve the health of the body, mind and spirit.
Eve Taylor Skin Care Products uses 100% natural oil blends that positively enhance your skin and wellbeing. The powerful botanical essences not only smell incredible, but they can also restore balance to the skin and mind
About BION Skin Care Products:
BION skin care products achieve complete control of 90 % of acne cases. Developed by a dermatologist, biochemist, and registered pharmacist, BION treats all types of acne from teenage to adult, cystic, congested and rosacea, uses active natural ingredients that produce specific changes within the skin
About TheraGenesis Skin Care Products:
Where science meets innovative ingredient, technology combined with high quality botanicals, to assist in the correction & management of aging skin. Ultimately meeting the demands of Millennials searching for rejuvenation products and for Boomers retrying to slow down and walk back some of the aging effects of the skin.
Inhale the aroma of sweet orange, mandarin, grapefruit, and ylang ylang drift blissfully in to a state of relaxation. This calms the mind and strengthens the nervous system helping to restore balance and harmony to mind, body and soul. Treatments provided by Esthetician students.
Spa parties can be customized to suit each individual client's needs.
Choose from over 50 colours. Gel polish must be removed by spa personnel to protect natural nail plate health.
This service cannot be combined with Ultimate Manicure or Royal Treatment Pedicure due to adhesion issues. Artistic Gel Polish Application on Hands or Feet - $10 Removal of Artistic Gel Polish - FREE to The Spa + Clinic at Fleming Customers
*Can’t find an open appointment time? Access our NEW wait list feature at the bottom of our Spa/Clinic Booking page
MEET OUR TEAM!
Our certified team of registered massage therapists and esthetics faculty have more than 100 years of experience. As a learning lab for our students in the Massage therapy and Esthetician programs, we provide the necessary knowledge and skills for them to succeed.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I am uncomfortable with my body? Do I have to undress?
- Let your therapist know your comfort level. Most techniques are applied to the skin directly and use oil or lotion as lubricant. Your Student Therapist will only expose the area which they are working on. However it is possible to adapt all techniques to a client who is dressed.
- Am I expected to talk during the massage?
- If you wish to have silence, you should say so at the beginning of the treatment. The student therapist is required to check from time to time that you are comfortable. She will also ask for your feedback when working in areas that are potentially painful or sensitive.
- After my appointment, is there anything I need to have on hand or anything specific I should do?
- Plan for 30 minutes of quiet time right after your treatment. An Epsom salt bath is recommended to soothe and to calm muscles, and enhance the benefits of the massage. Make sure to drink water to keep your tissues hydrated. Student therapists will usually prescribe an exercise or two for you to perform daily between your sessions.
- How often should I have massage treatments?
- A mutual consultation with your Student Therapist can help you establish a treatment program which fits your lifestyle and physical requirements. Many clients come once a week or once a month until they reach their desired outcomes.
- Are massage treatments indicated for acute and chronic injuries?
- Yes, it is appropriate for recent injuries (sprains, strains, whiplash) and also chronic musculoskeletal conditions. Massage treatments can be safely adapted to almost all diseases and medical conditions.
- What outcomes can I expect from a massage treatment plan of care?
- Massage treatment can have positive effects on muscle tone, fluid flow, fascial mobility, posture, movement, breathing, and Central Nervous System function. Many clients report improved mood, better responses to stress, and a general sense of well-being after massage.