It is the role of the Purchasing Department to lead and oversee the Collegeâ€™s procurement operations. Our objective is to ensure an ethical, professional and accountable supply chain that achieves value for money while following a procurement process that is fair and transparent to all stakeholders.
As an Ontario Broader Public Sector organization the College is required to comply with the following directives and trade agreements:
- Broader Public Sector Procurement Directive (BPS Directive)
- Applicable trade agreements such as, but not limited to, the Canadian Free Trade Agreement (CFTA), Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) between Canada and the European Union.
- Fleming College adheres to the Code of Ethics as outlined in the BPS Directive. The BPS Directive outlines procurement rules regarding the acquisition of goods and services pertaining to public funds under the Broader Public Sector Accountability Act, 2010. The Directive is based on key principles to achieve value for money while following a procurement process including:
- Value for Money
- Quality Service Delivery
- Process Standardization
The Purchasing Department belongs to the following professional associations:
- SCMAO - Supply Chain Management Association of Ontario
- OPBA - Ontario Public Buyers Association
- CAUBO â€“ Canadian Association of University Business Officers
- OCPMA - Ontario College Procurement Management Association
- OUPMA - Ontario University Procurement Management Association