Peterborough ON â€“ (April 5, 2019) â€“ Fleming College will host its annual Women in Trees Conference and Awareness Day on Saturday, April 13.
The conference, which will take place at Frost Campus in Lindsay, Ont., is a free event to showcase the many roles and opportunities for women in arboriculture, urban forestry and forestry. The day will be filled with networking opportunities and hands-on activities. Participants can choose from two of five workshops being held throughout the day, including:
- Urban Wood Salvage â€“ Learn how urban wood, lost to disease, construction, insects or weather, can be salvaged and given new life.
- Out on a Limb â€“ Come out for a climb and explore the many career pathways available working with trees.
- Neature! Tree ID Walk â€“ Tour the new Fleming College Arboretum and get first-hand tips and tricks on how to identify trees.
- Beyond the Bark: Trees and Technology â€“ Learn how trees increase property value, improve mental health, fight climate change and more.
- Chainsaws: Sharped your Skills â€“ Learn how to operate a chainsaw as well as techniques for proper maintenance.
Women in Trees Agenda:
9 â€“ 9:30 a.m. Doors open, registration
9:30 a.m. Welcome
9:45 a.m. â€“ 12 p.m. Workshop rotation 1
12 â€“ 12:45 p.m. Lunch (provided)
12:45 â€“ 3 p.m. Workshop rotation 2
3 p.m. Closing and send off
For more information and to register, please contact Katrina Van Osch-Saxon at Katrina.email@example.com or 866-353-6464 ext. 3274, or Adele Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org, 866-353-6464 ext. 3234. More information and registration is also available at https://flemingcollege.ca/women-in-trees
About Fleming College
Located in the heart of Central Ontario, Fleming College has campus locations in Peterborough, Lindsay, Cobourg and Haliburton. Named for famous Canadian inventor and engineer Sir Sandford Fleming, the college features more than 100 full-time programs in Arts and Heritage, Business, Environmental and Natural Resource Sciences, General Arts and Sciences, Health and Wellness, Justice and Community Development, Skilled Trades and Technology, and Continuing Education. Fleming College has more than 5,900 full-time and 10,000 part-time students, and 71,000 alumni.
Media, for more information
705.749.5530 x 1366