Community Tax Clinics Return to Fleming College
Peterborough, ON (March 3, 2023) – Student-led tax clinics are returning to Fleming College’s Sutherland Campus this March.
Administered through a program with the Canada Revenue Agency, these community tax clinics are run by students in Fleming’s Accounting program and supervised by their program instructors. These clinics provide an enriching, real-world experience for Fleming students while providing a valuable service to the community.
Clinics take place each Thursday from March 9 to March 30 at the Kawartha Trades and Technology Centre, running from 12 – 4 p.m.
To be eligible for the free clinics, individuals must:
• Have an income of $35,000 or less for individuals
• Have a combined income of $45,000 or less for a couple
• Have a combined income of $47,500 or less for a family of three
• Have a combined income of $50,000 or less for a family of four
Students will not prepare returns for self-employed individuals or for those who have capital gains or losses, employment expenses, or who have filed for bankruptcy.
Eligible residents can make an appointment at the clinic by emailing email@example.com. Walk-ins can also be accommodated if students are available. Free parking is available for residents travelling to the Sutherland Campus for the tax clinic. Please email the clinic ahead of time with your licence plate information and date of arrival.
Eligible residents are also welcome to drop off their tax information. Please email the clinic for more information.
Anyone attending the clinic is asked to bring the following information:
• Social Insurance Number
• T2202A Tuition Receipt (if applicable)
• Rent Receipts for rent paid in Ontario in 2022 (if applicable)
• Medical expense receipts
• T4 Statement of Income (provided by your employer if you worked in Canada in 2022)
• Any other tax related slips you may receive in the mail, like a T5 or a T3 slip (for investment income)
• International students and new Canadians filing a tax return for the first time will need to provide their date of arrival in Canada
Media is welcome to attend the clinics, but please note that members of the media must obtain permission before filming or photographing clinic participants.
For media inquiries, please contact:
705-749-5530 ext. 1161