H. Graham Walker Memorial CD& H Female Student Bursary

Scholarships and Bursaries

H. Graham Walker Memorial CD& H Female Student Bursary

Estimated Value: $1,250.00
1 available in the Fall semester

H. Graham  Walker was a retired high school English teacher, who passed away in Toronto in 1997.

Mr. Walker was born and raised in Meaford, Ontario. Upon graduation from high school, he furthered his studies at the University of Toronto majoring in Honours English and History. In 1941 he enlisted in the R.C.A.F as a Flying Officer Instructor during World War II. Upon return from the war, Mr. Walker began teaching at Northern Vocational Collegiate Institute of Toronto. In 1966 he was appointed the Head of the English department. He taught English there until his retirement in 1977. Mr. Walker also coached high school basketball, hockey, and tennis at Meaford High School between 1936 and 1941. 

Mr. Walker was married to Phyllis Carr in 1945. While they did not have any children of their own, they took great interest in those of friends and neighbors. Mr. Walker was a great lover of music, in particular, he was an authority on the jazz era and many old-time jazz artists. He also enjoyed playing bridge, visiting with friends, and being with his cats. He was an avid sportsman who especially enjoyed golf, curling, and ping pong. 

Awarded to a domestic, full-time female student in any Community Development & Health Program who has financial need.

* Student must have resided in Ontario for twelve months prior to beginning their post-secondary studies.

Applying is Easy

Registered students with an active timetable are able to apply for all bursaries that are administered by the college though our single on-line bursary application.

By completing this application, you will be considered for all college-administered bursaries and scholarships for which you are eligible. To apply, log into myCampus (the student portal), and go to the Student Centre section. The Apply Now! button will open the on-line application as long as you have a valid SIN on file. If you do not have a valid SIN on file, you are required to provide proof of SIN (any government issued document with your name and SIN) and government issued photo-id at the Registrar's Office so your record may be updated. Please note that bursary applications will not be evaluated until after the application deadline date.

Last Revised: