Leverage the expertise of Fleming alumni and community professionals, from around the world, through the Fleming Connect mentorship and professional networking program.
With 85% of jobs being filled via networking, the time to build your own network is now. The top skills companies look for across all industries are active listening, speaking, critical thinking, and social perceptiveness. You can improve these skills, along with your professional practice skills, by connecting with others, sharing your story, and asking thoughtful questions.Join Now
Program Advantages for:
Students and Recent Graduates
- Accelerate your career
- Gain a better understanding of what careers are available through your program
- Develop your networking and communication skills through real-world practice
- Build your network of Fleming Alumni based on your industry and interests
- Receive support and advice about your industry, your interests, and potential career development pathways
- Expand your professional network and unlock employment opportunities
- Include your participation in your Co-Curricular Record
- Practice for an interview, an in-class presentation
- Seek advice or feedback on a course project
Alumni, Community Partners, and Friends of Fleming
- Enrich your experience as a Fleming Alumni, community partner or friend of the College
- Build your network of Fleming Alumni and community partners based on your industry and interests
- Be an integral part of the Fleming student experience
- Share your talents, expertise, and insights with the next generation entering your profession
- Develop your own skills as an influential leader
- Champion someone’s career growth
- Help students identify a variety of jobs in your industry or help them with a project
How the Program Works
- Students and mentors create a profile on Fleming Connect, powered by Ten Thousand Coffees, and select topics of interest from the lists provided.
- Fleming Connect students and mentors will receive a monthly e-mail introduction based on common interests and goals
- Receive an official LinkedIn certification to recognize your commitment to continuous learning and career advancement.
- Students will reach out to mentors of interest and co-ordinate a time and place to chat about their interests.
- Your conversation can take place a local coffee shop, your favourite spot on campus, or online from the comfort of your office or home, the choice is yours.
Career success is just a coffee away.
To mentor a group of 10-15 students on campus, e-mail email@example.com.
- Getting Started: Student and Recent Graduate Guidebook
- Getting Started: Alumni Guidebook
- Tips for a Successful Conversation