For specific project requirements, we can establish an appropriate team from the programs. All have communication, organizational, interpersonal, teamwork, and professional development skills. Specific skills depend on program and program options.
Computer Engineering Technologist - General and Networking
- Analyze, design, develop, enhance, maintain and install computer systems, commercial and residential A/V integration, software solutions, voice network, data network, and Internet/Intranet systems.
- Produce project documentation, present information, and use business software applications to support the activities of an organisation.
- Determine user requirements; define system specifications; design and implement application/network software/services, networks, and databases; train others; integrate applications with computer systems, and interconnect systems.
This includes programming, Linux, Novell NetWare, all Windows O.S.'s , systems support, network administration/installation, quality/security assurance.
Computer Security and Investigations
Students have a significantly developed skill set in computer security, system administration, digital forensics and investigations, and computer networks. Students are prepared for the industry through our application of core learning content focused on accepted certifications, current industry standards and best practices, which includes eligibility or training to achieve the CISCO CCNA, Security+, Network+, Linux+, CCE, CbCE, CISSP and EnCE certifications. Our record of success is high, and many of our graduates are hired by major financial institutions, security service providers, government agencies and large corporations to work at the highest levels of information security and risk management.
Wireless Information and Networking
Networks, and increasingly wireless networks, are becoming the hub of commercial and industrial development across the world as we understand and experience the benefits of wireless networking for day to day functions. Students learn how to capture data from wireless sensors and wireless synching of mobile devices within secure environments. Some of their skills include:
- Design, plan, implement, operate and troubleshoot wireless networks
- network analysis and server technology
- technical project management throughout technology life cycles
- technology as a service - preventing network wide service outages
- radio technologies -RF, cellular, microwave and satellite
- wireless LAN and WAN setup, security and troubleshooting
- embedded wireless sensor network programming
- broadband and mobile communications