in Trades Fundamentals
The Trades Fundamentals pathway program provides a sampler of basic level construction and trades skills, while you earn course credit towards future trades studies.
Please note: We are not currently accepting applications for this program.
Explore the various skilled trades fields of study offered at Fleming College. Graduate with a better understanding of the types of careers available, and the best pathway to get there.
You will also improve your core mathematical, communications, and science skills, which will help you to be successful in any trades program you choose.
In this program you will learn to:
- Select and safely operate the tools and equipment used by workers within the trades.
- Solve routine technical problems by applying fundamental mathematics and scientific principles.
- Assist in the interpretation and preparation of drawings, blueprints and other related documents and graphics.
- Solve trades-related problems, using the appropriate tools.
- Work safely and in accordance with applicable codes and regulations to enhance personal and public safety.
- Develop a career plan for a specific trade or trades.
Trades Fundamentals Program Options
Upon successful completion of this Ontario College Certificate, you will have earned credit for first semester of the following programs, and can pathway into semester two of these Fleming College programs:
If you seek employment directly after graduation from the Trades Fundamentals program, you would be employed at an entry level and would require further training to pursue a career in your chosen sector.
You can acquire more specialized skills and knowledge by completing another certificate or diploma, and increase your employment options. Since labour shortfalls in the skilled trades workforce are well-documented and recognized, pursuing a trades career offers strong options for employment.