Indigenous information session on COVID-19 and vaccination clinic
Peterborough ON – March 5, 2021
The Urban Indigenous Working Group on COVID-19 Vaccines invites you to attend an informational evening on Tuesday, March 9 at 7 p.m.
Be informed. Get answers to the important questions regarding the COVID-19 vaccine:
- When will the COVID-19 vaccine be available?
- Who will receive the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Do I need to continue wearing my mask after I receive the vaccine?
- Why should I get vaccinated?
Presenter: Dr. Rosana Salvaterra, Medical Officer of Health for Peterborough Public Health
Moderator: Liz Stone, Academic Chair, Indigenous Perspectives, Fleming College
- Ashley Safar, Manager, Indigenous Student Services, Fleming College
- Lori Flynn, Executive Director, Nogojiwanong Friendship Centre
- David Newhouse, Professor and Director, Chanie Wenjack School for Indigenous Studies, Trent University
- Delores Lalonde, Executive Director, Niijkiwendidaa Anishnaabekwewag Services Circle
The group is also hosting an upcoming vaccination clinic for Indigenous adults 55 years or older.
Date: March 15 & 16, 2021
Time: 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Location: Evinrude Centre, 911 Monaghan Rd, Peterborough
Vaccinations are by appointment only
To book your appointment, please call:
Nogojiwanong Friendship Centre: 705-775-0632 or 705-775-0387
Niijkiwendidaa Anishnaabekwewag Services Centre: 705-741-0900 ext ‘0’
Fleming College: 705-749-5530 ext 1481
Lovesick Lake Native Women’s Association: 705-652-8787
You can book appointments during the following days and times:
Sunday, March 7 – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Monday, March 8 to Friday, March 12 – 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday, March 13 – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Your second vaccine will be booked at the time of your appointment.
The Urban Indigenous Working Group on COVID-19 Vaccines includes these community partners:
- Curve Lake First Nation
- Fleming College
- Hiawatha First Nation
- Lovesick Lake Native Women’s Association
- Métis Nation of Ontario
- Niijkiwendidaa Anishnaabekwewag Services Circle
- Nogojiwanong Friendship Centre
- Peterborough Public Health
- Trent University