City of Kawartha Lakes ON (February 7, 2020) – Fleming College’s Frost Campus will celebrate Pride Week with an inaugural raising of the Pride Flag on Tuesday, Feb. 11 at 9 a.m. Members of the community and media are invited to join Fleming President Maureen Adamson, members of Fleming’s Frost Student Association, staff and students as they raise the Pride Flag, celebrating diversity and inclusion on campus.
Students and staff will gather at the front entrance of the Frost Campus, with words of welcome by President Adamson beginning at 9 a.m.
Frost Campus will host its Pride Week from February 10 – 14, 2020. Pride Week will reinforce Fleming’s commitment to being a welcoming place for all, while hosting a number of events and educational sessions in support of the LGBTQ+ students and staff. Other Pride Week festivities occurring throughout the week will include:
Monday, Feb. 10
- 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Pronoun button-making / education booth in the main lobby
Tuesday, Feb. 11
- 9 a.m. Rainbow Flag raising outside near the main door, all welcome
- 8 to 11 p.m. “Dirty Bingo” in the Auk’s Lodge hosted Alicia Fisher of “Inspire Intimacy”
Wednesday, Feb. 12
- 7 to 10 p.m. “Are You Proud?” LGBTQ+ Documentary night in Lecture Hall 250
Thursday, Feb. 13
- 8 to 11 p.m. Drag Show “Kings, Queens, and In Betweens”
Friday, Feb. 14
- 12 to 4 p.m. Afternoon Karaoke/Valentine craft time in the Auk’s Lodge
About Fleming College
Fleming College respectfully acknowledges that we are situated on Michi Saagiig Anishinaabeg lands and territory. Located in the heart of Central Ontario, Fleming College has campus locations in Peterborough, Lindsay, Cobourg and Haliburton. Named for famous Canadian inventor and engineer Sir Sandford Fleming, the college features more than 100 full-time programs in Arts and Heritage, Business, Environmental and Natural Resource Sciences, General Arts and Sciences, Health and Wellness, Justice and Community Development, Skilled Trades and Technology, and Continuing Education. Fleming College has more than 6,800 full-time and 10,000 part-time students, and 75,000 alumni.
Media, for more information please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org 705.749.5530 x 1366