Hundreds of prospective students will have the opportunity to explore Fleming College at its annual fall Open House.
The College will host its Open House from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, November 17 at its campuses in Peterborough, Lindsay, Haliburton and Cobourg, and at the Eastern Ontario Emergency Training Academy (EOETA) in Norwood.
“Open House is a great opportunity for prospective students and their families to visit Fleming College and get all their questions answered,” said Carrie Truman, Manager of Student Recruitment. “Guests can tour the campuses, residences and athletic facilities, speak with faculty and current students, and learn more about college life.”
The College will host tours of the campuses and residences as well as offer information sessions on Financial Aid Options, On- and Off-Campus Housing, and Transitioning to College for Students with an IEP. Visitors can also learn more about the many student services and supports available on campus including Health Services, Counselling and Accessible Education Services, Career Services and Tutoring Services and Academic Skills.
To showcase the hands-on learning that takes place at Fleming, many of the programs will provide live demonstrations of learning activities including:
- Sutherland Campus – freshly baked cookies in the Culinary Lab
- Frost Campus – Blasting Techniques demonstration
- Haliburton Campus – artists working in their labs
- Cobourg Campus – Visitors can tour the Personal Support Worker lab
- Eastern Ontario Emergency Training Academy (EOETA) – Students applying for the Pre-service Firefighter Education and Training program are invited to visit the training facility in Norwood (36 Industrial Dr.) where the program is located. The EOETA has several established training environments including a burn tower, roof and door props, search and rescue maze, confined space prop and new high-intensity propane training props. As part of Open House, faculty and current students will be at the EOETA to welcome visitors, provide tours of the facility and perform live demonstrations.
For campus-specific agendas, which include detailed information about what programs, presentations and activities are taking place at each location, or to register, please visit flemingcollege.ca/openhouse. Guests are encouraged to register online for a faster check-in and to be eligible for Fleming prizes.
About Fleming College
Located in the heart of Central Ontario, Fleming College has campus locations in Peterborough, Lindsay, Cobourg and Haliburton. Named for famous Canadian inventor and engineer Sir Sandford Fleming, the college features more than 100 full-time programs in Arts and Heritage, Business, Environmental and Natural Resource Sciences, General Arts and Sciences, Health and Wellness, Justice and Community Development, Skilled Trades and Technology, and Continuing Education. Fleming College has more than 5,900 full-time and 10,000 part-time students, and 71,000 alumni.
For more information, please contact:
705.749.5530 x 1366