Peterborough ON â€“ (April 2, 2019) â€“ Hundreds of prospective students will have the opportunity to explore Fleming College at its annual spring Open House.
The College will host its Open House from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, April 6 at its campuses in Peterborough, Lindsay, Haliburton and Cobourg, and at the eastern Ontario Emergency Training Academy (EOETA) in Norwood.
â€śOpen House is an exciting day for prospective students, their families and for all of us at Fleming,â€ť said Carrie Truman, Manager of Student Recruitment. â€śGuests have the opportunity to tour the campus and get a feel for college life. It is our goal to make sure everyone that joins us connects with current students, faculty and staff, and get all their questions answered.â€ť
The College will host tours of the campuses and residences as well as offer information sessions on Financial Aid Options, On-and Off-Campus Housing, and Transitioning to College for students with an IEP. New this year, visitors can enjoy a special performance by local band, Ace and the Kid in the Steele Centre from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
To showcase the hands-on learning that takes place at Fleming, many of the programs will provide live demonstrations of learning activities:
- Sutherland Campus â€“ sensory room experience, immersive virtual reality simulation and freshly baked cookies in the Culinary lab.
- Frost Campus â€“ geology demonstrations in the newly renovated Geo Centre, climbing demonstrations, Blasting Techniques demonstrations, running diesel engine demonstrations and horizontal directional drilling simulations.
- Haliburton Campus â€“ guests can watch students perform live art demonstrations in the campus studios.
- Cobourg Campus â€“ visitors can tour the Personal Support Worker lab.
- Pre-service Firefighter Education and Training program – Students applying for the Pre-service Firefighter Education and Training program are invited to visit the EOETA in Norwood (36 Industrial Dr.) where the program is now located. The EOETA has several established training environments including a burn tower, roof and door props, search and rescue maze, confined space prop, and new high-intensity propane training props. As part of Open House, faculty and current students will be at the EOETA to welcome visitors, provide tours of the facility and perform live demonstrations.
For campus-specific agendas, which include detailed information about what programs, presentations and activities are taking place at each location, or to register, please visit flemingcollege.ca/openhouse.
About Fleming College
Located in the heart of Central Ontario, Fleming College has campus locations in Peterborough, Lindsay, Cobourg and Haliburton. Named for famous Canadian inventor and engineer Sir Sandford Fleming, the college features more than 100 full-time programs in Arts and Heritage, Business, Environmental and Natural Resource Sciences, General Arts and Sciences, Health and Wellness, Justice and Community Development, Skilled Trades and Technology, and Continuing Education. Fleming College has more than 5,900 full-time and 10,000 part-time students, and 71,000 alumni.
Media, for more information
email@example.com 705.749.5530 x 1366