Peterborough ON – December 8, 2020
Applied projects and field placements are a key component of students’ learning in the Computer Security and Investigations program at Fleming. The School of Business and Information Technology is seeking partner sponsors to provide students with this important practical experience.
Field Placement: Student(s) work under direct supervision of the sponsor or their staff, performing job functions and responsibilities relevant to the course of studies. Field placement opportunities sought:
- Security Operations Centres (SOCs), and financial and forensic firms
- Corporate security and information security service providers
- Cybersecurity with government agencies
- Security and penetration testing engagements with industry organizations
- Forensic analysis and creation of standards for a security corporation
- Development and deployment of a computer network intrusion detection system
Applied Projects: A group of 3 to 4 students work as an autonomous project team to develop a product or technical solution that meets specific requirements of their sponsor. Past projects have included:
- Secure servers for a health network
- Secure cloud environment in support of distributed analysis
- Network intrusion detection and alerting system
For more information, please contact Haider Al-Saidi, Academic Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Debbie McEachern, Applied Projects and Field Liaison, with the School of Business and Information Technology at email@example.com.