Each day the equivalent of almost 4 trillion US dollars in currency is traded in the global foreign exchange markets. In 2010, the UN Conference on Trade and Development estimated Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) to be 1.12 trillion US dollars. According to the International Monetary Fund, the volume of world trade is forecasted to grow by 7.1% per year from 2013-16.
|Program Status:||Accepting Applications|
|Co-ordinator:||Russell Turner Email|
|Credential:||Ontario College Graduate Certificate|
|Start Dates:||September 03, 2013|
|Tuition Fees:||$3,050.50 per semester*|
|* Tuition and fees subject to change.|
Globalization, without a doubt, is an integral part of the business environment and its importance is growing each year. Whether it is here in Canada or across the world in countries like India and China, an understanding of the international marketplace is critical for reward and prosperity in business. Building on the success of our three-year ‘International Trade’ advanced diploma program, Fleming College has developed this new, exciting and relevant one year (37-week) post-graduate certificate in International Business Management.
- Not only do we focus on the core foundations of international business, we also look at developing the skills necessary for individuals to grow into the managers, owners and influencers of tomorrow’s global business world. Courses on innovation, leadership, and social and environmental responsibility will elevate you to this level.
- The course work, coupled with our capstone Applied Project, will give you the skills and experience that are sought after by business and that are so necessary to compete internationally.
- International Business Management students will graduate with a fundamental understanding of the global importance of the environment and sustainability, diversity, globalization and experiential learning through our applied learning project model. ‘EDGE’ as it is known within our School, is an an all-encompassing knowledge and skill-based learning approach.
Why Choose Fleming?
- We ensure that students understand the international marketplace, and we build on this, striving for the ability to apply this understanding to analyze, synthesize and critique.
- While at Fleming College you will learn about International Business Management through a variety of traditional and non-traditional class methods, including case studies, simulations, guest speakers and field trips. Again, this is all a foundation for our capstone ‘Applied Project’.
- During the seven-week Applied Project, you will work with mentors and fellow classmates on real life, real world international projects for real clients. This experience will demonstrate to others that you can put words into action and will also clearly illustrate to employers that you are ready for the world of international business.
What it Takes to Succeed
- intercultural awareness
- the ability to communicate across cultures
- language skills
- the ability to take risks and an entrepreneurial attitude
Your choices in the area of International Business are diverse and you can focus your skills on careers in almost any area of business within the global marketplace. Examples include the areas of international management, sales, marketing, global logistics, importing and exporting, tourism and hospitality.
The skills learned at Fleming College are also easily transferable to fields such as the government, international aid agencies and the military.
Minimum Admission Requirements
- A recognized undergraduate college diploma or university degree in business, applied arts, computer engineering, international studies, technology or hospitality/tourism.
- Professionals who are currently in management or with equivalent and related work experience in any of the above disciplines will be considered for admission on an individual basis
Every attempt is made to ensure the accuracy of the information on our website and in our publications. The College reserves the right to modify or cancel any course, program, fee, timetable, or campus location at any time.