School of Trades and TechnologyJoin the New Class of Skilled Professionals.
High demand trades and technology occupations are the foundation of a thriving economy. Many people working in this sector make six-figure incomes and enjoy excellent benefits. (Source: Skills Canada-Ontario.) Our school provides hands-on training incorporating the latest techniques in a wide variety of apprenticeship, skilled trades and technology programs.
Welcome to our School of Trades and Technology
Two Semesters: Three Choices
- Electrical Techniques
- Electrical Engineering Technician
- Instrumentation Control and Engineering Technician
Because our electrical programs are integrated in the first two semesters, you have the option of graduating with a certificate in Electrical Techniques or going on to complete your diploma in either of the above electrical program specialties.
Double Diploma Option
You can graduate with 2 diplomas in just 3 years. When you graduate from Instrumentation Control Engineering Technician, with just 8 more courses, you can add an Electrical Engineering Technician diploma. If you graduate first from Electrical Engineering, you can add an Instrumentation Control Engineering Technician diploma with just 8 more courses. Save money while you increase your value in the work world.
Complete one of our Carpentry Techniques, Welding Techniques, Mechanical Techniques – Plumbing or Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning programs and you have:
- Tickets for Working at Heights; Hoisting & Rigging; Lockout/Tag Out; WHMIS
- Plus Grade 12 equivalency – required for most apprenticeships
Kawartha Trades & Technology Centre
- Opened in September 2014: Built to LEED environmental and energy efficiency
- $36.6 million, 87,000 square foot trades and technology skills training facility, located on the college’s Sutherland Campus in Peterborough
- Will provide facilities for teaching and training students from Fleming College, regional secondary schools and regional industry
- State-of-the art, sustainable shop facilities, smart-wired classrooms, and labs with the newest technology
- Modular floor space allowing for flexibility and delivery of multiple programs
See a time lapse of the construction and get more information on Kawartha Trades and Technology Centre.
Revised: December 22, 2014