Frost Campus (Lindsay)
Frost Campus is located on over 150 acres of land close to downtown Lindsay - a student-friendly community with a population of about 21,000. Lindsay, one of the communities in the City of Kawartha Lakes, is about a one-hour drive north east of Toronto, or four hours south west of Ottawa. Part of the Trent Severn Waterway, this region has over 250 lakes and plenty of green spaces - an ideal location to study and enjoy nature and the environment.
The campus is home to one of Canada’s leading environmental education institutions, Fleming College’s School of Environmental and Natural Resource Sciences - which offers over 20 exclusive programs in this fast-growing sector. For over 40 years, the school has been producing highly skilled graduates who work in the environmental and natural resource industries across Canada and around the world.
Student residences are located within steps of the main building. Recreational and athletic activities are available at the Fleming Field House and at the Lindsay Recreation Centre, which is directly adjacent to the campus. Downtown Lindsay is easily accessible via Lindsay Transit buses that stop at the campus entrance.
The Frost Sustainable Campus Initiative is a group of students and employees working to make Frost a model sustainable campus community. Recent initiatives include banning the sale of bottled water on campus, hosting a weekly on-campus Farmers’ Market, establishing a community garden and conducting energy audits. Frost Campus is also a member of the American Association for Sustainability in Higher Education.
Centre for Alternative Wastewater Treatment
The CAWT is comprised of a core group of scientists, faculty researchers, and technologists as well as a community of associates from academic, industrial, and private sectors. These professionals continue to expand the CAWT’s project base, research partnerships, and collaborations in the field of alternative wastewater treatment. Visit the CAWT website for more info
Frost Loggersports Team
Did you know that we are one of only three schools in Ontario with competitive men's and women's Loggersports teams? Find out more about these lumberjack competitions featuring our top notch athletes.
Features of the Frost Campus
- Environmental technology wing – features a green roof, geothermal heating and cooling and a constructed wetland for waste treatment. Part of the Trans-Canada Trail runs through campus
- Centre for Heavy Equipment Technology - sponsored by the Canadian Association of Equipment Distributors (CAED), Ontario Chapter
- Centre for Alternative Wastewater Treatment - internationally recognized for its applied research initiatives
- Geomatics Institute at Fleming – funded by industry and government partners to provide GIS laboratories, software, servers and data resources
- The Frost Campus Respect Campaign promotes respect for people, the environment, and property
Featured Programs Offered
Parking at the Frost Campus
Fleming College Campus Locations
Revised: September 30, 2014