Fleming's flexible Business program offers a wide variety of business and related courses so you can discover and explore your personal career goals.
|Program Status:||Accepting Applications|
|Co-ordinator:||Jennifer Olauson Email|
|Credential:||Ontario College Diploma|
|Start Dates:||September 03, 2013|
|Tuition Fees:||$1,906.50 per semester*|
|* Tuition and fees subject to change.|
Get on the road to success. This two-year Business diploma program provides:
- First-hand exposure to the business world
- Business experience from real-life situations of a work placement, as well as from classroom, group, and independent studies
- Courses include financial management, communications, marketing, business, math, developing business plans, human resources and operations management
Why Choose Fleming
Want to fast-track into the working world? Begin your studies in January and you can study straight through the summer to complete your diploma faster and graduate sooner.
This program will prepare you for a career in today's ever-changing world. The EDGE focus within the School of Justice and Business Studies is founded on 4 principles:
- Environmental Responsibility: Learn how to contribute to a sustainable future. Ensure your career leaves a green footprint.
- Diversity: Work with a variety of people from faculty, administration, students and members of the community. Learn how to be creative and innovative.
- Global Perspective: Learn to compete on a level playing field in the global market.
- Experience: Gain real experience in your field through case studies, simulations, placements and applied projects.
Develop your EDGE at the School of Justice and Business Studies.
Put your studies to work. As part of your program, you will complete a minimum of 70 hours of field placement. Field placement provides an opportunity to gain actual work experience while studying, and is mandatory for all business diploma programs. You'll arrange your field placements with the support of your program co-ordinator. This experience in a business or industry will also provide valuable contacts and a network for future employment.
Is this You?
You will succeed in this program and career if you possess:
- Curiosity about business
- Problem-solving skills
- Analytical and creative thinking ability
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong work ethic
Choose the career direction you want to pursue with your Business diploma. With your understanding of key business functions, you will be a good candidate for many different positions. You will likely develop a proficiency in one or more areas, such as Human Resources or Marketing, which may lead you into a career in a business specialty.
Minimum Admission Requirements
OSSD with the majority of credits at the College (C) and Open (O) level, including:
- 2 College (C) English courses (Grade 11 or Grade 12)
1 College (C) Math course (Grade 11)
When (C) is the minimum course level for admission, (U) or (U/C) courses are also accepted.
Recommended (but not required for admission):
- Grade 12 College (C) Math
If you are 19 years of age or older before classes start, and you do not possess an OSSD, you can write the Canadian Adult Achievement Test to assess your eligibility for admission. Additional testing or academic upgrading may be necessary to meet specific course requirements for entry to this program.
* Students starting in January are required to attend classes over the summer semester.
If you decide part-way through your program, that you really want to specialize in a specific business area, you can easily switch to another business program of your choice without loss of credits.
Approximately $1,000 per year for books and supplies.
- Athabasca University
- University of Lethbridge
- University of New Brunswick
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- University of Windsor
For more information see the Pathways to University page.
Every attempt is made to ensure the accuracy of the information on our website and in our publications. The College reserves the right to modify or cancel any course, program, fee, timetable, or campus location at any time.