Fleming's flexible Business program offers a wide variety of business and related courses so you can discover and explore your personal career goals.
|Program Status:||Accepting Applications|
|Coordinator:||Wayne Bonner Email|
|Credential:||Ontario College Diploma|
|Start Dates:||September 08, 2015|
|Tuition Fees:||$2,015.24 per semester*|
|* Tuition and fees subject to change.|
In this program you will learn the essential business and communication skills and to be successful in your career. Graduates of this program can start in an entry level position right away or go on to further studies. This two-year Business diploma program provides:
- First-hand exposure to the business world
- Direct business experience from real world work placements, simulation scenarios using the latest business industry software, case studies, as well as from classroom, group, and independent studies
- Courses include financial management, communications, marketing, business, math, developing business plans, human resources and operations management
- A fast-track option--start in January and you can study straight through the summer to complete your diploma faster and graduate sooner
- flexibility--you can transfer to one of our business specialty diplomas after second semester
Put your studies to work. As part of your program, you will complete a minimum of 70 hours of field placement. Work placement provides an opportunity to gain actual real- world experience while you complete your studies. You'll arrange mandatory work placement with the support of your program co-ordinator. This experience in a business or industry will also provide you with valuable contacts and a network for future employment.
Choose the career direction you want to pursue with your Business diploma. With your understanding of key business functions, you will be a good candidate for many different entry-level positions or to take on an entrepreneurial role. For example:
- Business analyst
- Manufacturing and wholesaling
- Retail managers
- Government and non-profit institutions
- Customer service representative
- Marketing coordinator
- Corporate sales representatives
Minimum Admission Requirements
OSSD with the majority of credits at the College (C) and Open (O) level, including:
- 2 College (C) English courses (Grade 11 or Grade 12)
1 College (C) Math course (Grade 11)
When (C) is the minimum course level for admission, (U) or (U/C) courses are also accepted.
Recommended (but not required for admission):
- Grade 12 College (C) Math
If you are 19 years of age or older before classes start, and you do not possess an OSSD, you can write the Canadian Adult Achievement Test to assess your eligibility for admission. Additional testing or academic upgrading may be necessary to meet specific course requirements for entry to this program.
* Students starting in January are required to attend classes over the summer semester.
If you decide part-way through your program, that you really want to specialize in a specific business area, you can easily switch to another business program of your choice without loss of credits.
Approximately $1,000 per year for books and supplies.
Every attempt is made to ensure the accuracy of the information on our website and in our publications. The College reserves the right to modify or cancel any course, program, fee, timetable, or campus location at any time.