Registration is now open for Haliburton School of Art + Design summer courses
Haliburton ON – (March 1, 2018) – An affordable, creative escape for individuals of all ages and skill levels is available in the beautiful Haliburton Highlands at Haliburton School of Art + Design.
World-renowned artists arrive in Haliburton every summer to mentor and teach in week-long and weekend courses in a wide variety of disciplines. Artists, vacationers, and families can find an endless array of choices, such as glassblowing, blacksmithing, pottery, painting, photography, textile arts, dry stone walling, timber framing, music, singing, and much more.
There are over 70 new courses this year including:
- Kitchen and Bath Design with Andria Cowan Molyneaux
- Landscape Painting – Seasonal Details with Rod Prouse
- Sculptural Sheet Metal Forming with Geordie Lishman
- Songwriting for the Guitarist with Wendell Ferguson
- Stone Sculpting & More for Youth to Adult with Chaka Chikodzi
- Life Drawing & 3D Model Making with Marta Scythes
- Singing Harmony by Ear Workshop with Jane Lewis
- Story Writing from Photographs Workshop with Kelly Gauthier
- Creative energy
- Free entertainment, art talks, and faculty exhibition
- Self-guided walk-about exhibitions
- Architecturally inspiring campus
- Local galleries, shops, and studios
- The Haliburton Sculpture Forest
We invite you to view the full schedule of more than 300 art and craft courses. Accommodation assistance is available. For more information, visit www.hsad.ca, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 705-457-1680 or 1-866-353-6464 ext. 3.
About Haliburton School of Art + Design
Haliburton School of Art + Design, Fleming College is a leader in providing unique and flexible art education in Canada. We’re known for the most comprehensive summer program in the country as well as a unique suite of full-time study options, taught by professionals who have shaped art, craft, design, and heritage studies in Canada. Students can attend for a day, a week, a semester, or years, creating art in a spectacular natural environment.
About Fleming College
Located in the heart of Central Ontario, Fleming College has campus locations in Peterborough, Lindsay, Cobourg and Haliburton. Named for famous Canadian inventor and engineer Sir Sandford Fleming, the college features more than 100 full-time programs in Arts and Heritage, Business, Environmental and Natural Resource Sciences, General Arts and Sciences, Health and Wellness, Justice and Community Development, Skilled Trades and Technology, and Continuing Education. Fleming College has more than 6,800 full-time and 10,000 part-time students, and 74,000 alumni.
For more information, contact:
Haliburton School of Art + Design