Applications for the Fall and Winter 2016-2017 semesters are now open. Please visit our application website to apply.
Amenities & Highlights:
- Suite style living accommodating six students with single bedrooms, shared kitchen, living room and washroom facilities - completely furnished
- Floors are co-ed with separate suites for females and males
- Accessible rooms are available at both campuses
- Barrier-fee accommodations are available
- All bedrooms and common areas have WiFi internet access
- Smoke-free living environment
- Air conditioned in summer months
- Individual mailboxes
- 24 hr onsite laundry facilities
- Limited bicycle storage
- Outdoor basketball, volleyball courts and a barbecue area
- Telephone service in student's bedrooms can be arranged directly with Bell Canada (for a fee)
- Convenient parking lot available for residence students only. Note: all students must pay to park on-campus
- Residence Life Staff available 24 hours a day
- Social, recreational, academic, and cultural programs
- Leadership opportunities
- Residence Council sponsored activities
- Safe Environment - individual bedroom key, card access to suite and building, well-lit walkways, emergency telephones on the walkway from residence to campus
- An environment supportive of your academic goals. Our Code of Behaviour and services are designed to ensure our residence community is conducive to your academic and social life
- A short walk to all college facilities - library, computer labs, learning commons, classrooms, student center, cafeteria, bookstore, admissions, health services, recreation (Field House), etc.
- Local buses to the College and residence providing a convenient access to all town services
- Access to the adjacent Frost Athletic Facility
Communication from the Residence Office
Applicants will receive residence offers via email. Be sure to check the e-mail account listed on your residence application for communication from our office on a regular basis. E-mail will be our primary method of communicating with applicants over the summer.
Documents to Read
Every residence student is responsible for reading, understanding and adhering to the Resident Contract and the Residence Policies. The standards of conduct that are stipulated through the policies represent the minimum expectations for community living and it is the responsibility of all community members to respond to those who do not respect their rights by violating the standards. Residence Life Staff are available throughout the community to assist in interpretation of the policies and to assist in response to violations.
- Important Dates
- Frequently Asked Questions about Residence
- Frost Residence Handbook
- Move-In Information
- Parent Resource Guide
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Harassment & Discrimination Policy
- Authorization for Release of Personal Information
- Appropriate Use Policy (ITS)
Residence fees are based on two consecutive semesters (indicated below). Fees below are effective September 2016. For other stay durations and rates, contact the office.
- Application Processing Fee - $50 (non-refundable)
- Caution/Key Deposit - $375
- Residence Council Fee - $25
- Frost Residence: - $5,742*
(Two 15-week semesters - Fall & Winter)
Residence Payment Deadline
Your Residence Forms and First Payment must be submitted by the date located in your acceptance email. For more information, please contact our office between the hours of 8am - 5pm or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* It is the student's responsibility to ensure payment is received by the college on or before due dates. Should a late instalment payment occur, a late fee charge of $75 will be applied to the student's account. There will be an additional $30 fee for returned cheques or payments returned to the college for any reason.
- Residence Parking
Residents who are bringing a vehicle to the Frost Residence must purchase a parking permit. Residence parking is limited and permits will be issued on a first-come first-served basis. Overnight parking is only permitted in this lot. Print, complete and return the parking application before arriving. After arriving parking permits can be purchased at the security/information booth on campus. Inform them you will be living in residence.
All guests and residents temporarily in possession of a vehicle are required to purchase a short-term parking pass. Daily, weekly and monthly passes can be purchased at the residence office.
Refer to the Frost Residence Student Handbook for further parking information.
- Residential Network (RezNet)
Every bedroom is directly connected to the Fleming College network, providing access to email and Internet 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Though intended primarily for academic-related usage, residents are able to use the Internet to chat with friends and family, get involved in online culture, or take part in other forms of recreational surfing.
RezNet is included in the residence fees. RezNet volunteers are available to help you get connected to RezNet and answer any questions you might have.
RezNet Policies & Procedures must be followed at all times. All you need to take advantage of RezNet is a computer with an ethernet connection and your own ethernet cable (cable not provided by the college) or optionally at out Frost residence a wireless a/b/g/n adapter for wifi access (Frost residence only).
Revised: February 29, 2016