Peterborough, ON (October 20, 2017) – Fleming College is pleased to announce its six alumni nominees for the Colleges Ontario Premier’s Awards.
The awards recognize outstanding Ontario college graduates in business, community health services, creative arts and design, health sciences, recent graduates and technology.
Fleming College’s 2017 Premier’s Awards nominees are:
- Business — Duane Parnham (Mineral Engineering Technology / Geological Technician, 1985)
- Community Services — Michael VanDerHerberg (Geomatics Technician, 2005)
- Creative Arts and Design — Glenn Ogden (Museum Management and Curatorship, 2002)
- Health Sciences — Heather Lee, RN, BScN (Nursing, 1987)
- Recent Graduate — Thomas Wilkins (Business Administration-Marketing, 2015)
- Technology — Al Stinson (Forestry Technician, 1977)
Presented annually by Colleges Ontario, the Premier’s Awards honour college graduates who have attained remarkable career success. Professional accomplishments include developing and implementing unique ideas that advance their respective field and making a positive difference in their community, either socially or economically.
An award winner in each category will be announced at the Premier’s Awards Gala, hosted by Colleges Ontario, on Monday, November 27 in Toronto.
A brief profile for each Fleming College Premier’s Awards nominee is available online at flemingcollege.ca/alumni-relations/premiers-awards-nominees.
To view award nominee profiles from all 24 colleges in Ontario, visit www.co-awards.org.
– 30 –
Please note: Photos of each of the nominees can be provided upon request
Members of the media, for more information please contact:
705-749-5530 x 1390
705-749-5530 x 1370