Amenities & Highlights
- Suite style living accommodating six students with single bedrooms, shared kitchen, living room and washroom facilities - completely furnished
- Floors are co-ed with separate suites for females and males
- Accessible rooms are available at both campuses
- Barrier-fee accommodations are available
- Smoke-free living environment
- Air conditioned in summer months
- Individual mailboxes
- 24 hr onsite laundry facilities with wireless internet
- Limited indoor bike storage
- Games room and quiet study areas (with wireless capability)
- Outdoor basketball, volleyball courts and a barbecue area
- Convenient parking lot available for residence students only. Note: all students must pay to park on-campus
- Residence Life Staff available 24 hours a day
- Social, recreational, academic, and cultural programs
- Leadership opportunities
- Residence Council sponsored activities
- Safe Environment - individual bedroom key, suite key, card access to building, well-lit walkways, emergency telephones on campus, security
- An environment supportive of your academic goals. Code of Behaviour and services are designed to ensure our residence community is conducive to your academic and social life
- A short walk to all college facilities - library, computer labs, learning commons, classrooms, student center, cafeteria, bookstore, admissions, health services, Sports & Wellness Centre, etc.
- Access to the adjacent 58,000 square foot Sport and Wellness Centre featuring a five-lane leisure pool, a therapeutic pool, a triple gymnasium and a fitness centre
For more information about the Peterborough area, check out Peterborough and the Kawarthas Tourism.
Residence Meal Plan Information
While the Residence suites are equipped with kitchens, many students find a meal plan is beneficial as a way to supplement meals they make on their own. Nutritious and tasty meals, snacks and beverages are just a few steps away at the Residence Marketplace that is operated by Aramark. Your Residence meal plan will work anywhere on campus so you can grab a snack or a full meal between classes. More information about meal plans is available on our provider's web site.
Communication from the Residence Office
Applicants will receive residence offers via email. Be sure to check the e-mail account listed on your residence application for communication from our office on a regular basis. E-mail will be our primary method of communicating with applicants over the summer.
Important Documents to Read
Every residence student is responsible for reading, understanding and adhering to the Resident Contract and the Residence Policies.
- Important Dates
- Sutherland Residence Village Handbook
- Move-In Information
- Parent Resource Guide
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Harassment & Discrimination Policy
- Authorization for Release of Personal Information
- Appropriate Use Policy (ITS)
Residence fees are based on two consecutive semesters (indicated below). Fees below are effective September 2014. For other stay durations and rates, contact the office.
- Application Processing Fee - $50 (non-refundable)
- Caution/Key Deposit - $375
- Residence Council Fee - $25
- Sutherland Residence: - $6,056*
(15-week Fall and Winter consecutive semesters)
** These fees are based on paying residence fees in full. Students deferring to OSAP or paying by semester are subject to a $125 instalment fee per academic year.
* * It is the student's responsibility to ensure payment is received by the college on or before due dates. Should a late instalment payment occur, a late fee charge of $75 will be applied to the student's account. There will be an additional $30 fee for returned cheques or payments returned to the college for any reason.
- Residence Parking
Residents who are bringing a vehicle to residence must purchase a parking permit. Residence parking is limited and permits will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis. Overnight parking is only permitted in this lot. Before arriving print, complete and return the parking application. After arriving parking permits can be purchased at the college Information Kiosk. Inform them you will be living in residence.
Guests of residents are able to park in the "Pine" parking lot during the following hours: Monday to Thursday, 7:00pm to 10:00 a.m. and on weekends from Friday at 4:00pm to Monday morning at 10:00am. Guests visiting at other times must park in a coin-operated lot.
Refer to the Sutherland Residence Village Student Handbook for further parking information.
- Residential Network (RezNet)
Every bedroom is directly connected to the Fleming College network, providing access to email and Internet 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Though intended primarily for academic-related usage, residents are able to use the Internet to chat with friends and family, get involved in online culture, or take part in other forms of recreational surfing.
RezNet is included in the residence fees. RezNet volunteers are available to help you get connected to RezNet and answer any questions you might have.
RezNet Policies & Procedures must be followed at all times. All you need to take advantage of RezNet is a computer with an ethernet connection and your own ethernet cable (cable not provided by the college) or optionally at out Frost residence a wireless a/b/g/n adapter for wifi access (Frost residence only).
Revised: November 26, 2014