Graduate with your Esthetician diploma in just three semesters - ready to start your career providing esthetic services in a creative, exciting and fast-growing field.
|Program Status:||Accepting Applications|
|Coordinator:||Gwen Bennet Email Profile|
|Credential:||Ontario College Diploma|
|Start Dates:||September 08, 2015|
|Tuition Fees (Domestic):||$2,238.55 per semester*|
|Tuition Fees (International):||$8,528.60 per semester*|
|* Tuition and fees subject to change.|
Please be advised that the Esthetician program will be located at our Cobourg Campus for the September 2015, January 2016 and May 2016 semesters.
Effective September 2016, the program will be located at the Sutherland Campus in Peterborough.
You will learn how to provide a range of treatments, such as manicures and pedicures, make-up, skin care, body treatments and waxing techniques in the Esthetician program. Employment prospects are strong for people trained as qualified estheticians as more people are seeking treatments to maintain a youthful appearance, reduce stress and improve health and wellness. Here's what's special about our program:
- The program is fast-tracked to enable you to enter the esthetics industry sooner - you will take the equivalent of two years of study in just 12 months.
- We have our own, on-campus, state of the art spa: "Essentials, the Spa at Fleming" where all students do their placements
- Only top of the line, professional products are used in both our teaching and practice
- Our spa features a full shower to provide you with the opportunity to both practice and experience the latest in spa body treatments
- We teach the latest trends in nail technology
- Classroom technology includes a visualizer for detailed demonstrations, and iClickers for review and testing purposes.
You will study during daytime courses in three consecutive semesters, beginning in September and graduating in August. You obtain increasing hands-on experience in each semester by providing esthetic services to clients in the on-site, fully equipped spa.
Why Choose Fleming
The Esthetician program at Fleming offers a number of unique opportunities to help you find your niche in this wide ranging industry:
- A visit to the Port Hope Medi-Spa introduces students to the world of professional medical esthetics
- Field trip to Esthetique Spa International Trade Show
- Guest lecturers are invited to share their expertise and experience of current trends
- You will attend a hydrotherapy training session in the third semester for a hands-on experience with professional equipment and products at Ste. Anne's Spa, one of Canada's premier destination spas
In addition, our students are involved in a number of competitions, including the Inter-College Fantasy Make-up Competition, and Ste. Anne’s Spa Body Treatment Competition (the 2009 Citrus Sun treatment was designed by one of our students).
Come Check us Out
The best way to find out more about the Esthetician program is to come and see us. Please contact Program Coordinator Tracy Partridge to arrange a convenient time and date to visit.
You will practice your skills, improve your techniques, and learn how to offer excellent customer service in our on-campus spa. With one state-of-the-art work station for every two students on average, you can be sure that you will have the opportunity to really gain in confidence as you practice current methods and techniques in use in the field. You will work directly with clients for approximately 10 weeks total throughout the program.
Is this You?
Success in this career requires these skills and traits:
- Passion for wellness
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Compassionate and caring
We will assist you in fulfilling your career aspirations as our faculty have strong business relationships within all aspects of the esthetics industry. The demand for qualified estheticians is high and expected to continue to grow. Career opportunities include working in destination spas, resorts, cruise ships, health centres, and clinics. With experience, you may choose to open your own business. Our program is gaining a strong reputation. For example, Ste. Anne's Spa (one of Canada's top ten spas) currently employs eleven of our graduates.
Minimum Admission Requirements
OSSD with the majority of credits at the Workplace (E) level, including English.
When Workplace (E) is the minimum course level for admission, (C) and (U/C) courses are also accepted.
If you are 19 years of age or older before classes start, and you do not possess an OSSD, you can write the Canadian Adult Achievement Test to assess your eligibility for admission.
Every attempt is made to ensure the accuracy of the information on our website and in our publications. The College reserves the right to modify or cancel any course, program, fee, timetable, or campus location at any time.