Request for Expression of Interest: Sustainable Building Design and Construction 2013
Fleming College is seeking expressions of interest from organizations or individuals interested in partnering with the 2013 Sustainable Building Design and Construction program in the construction of a sustainable building.
The Sustainable Building Design and Construction program aims to give students the opportunity to design and construct using a wide variety of sustainable building materials and systems; and to provide our clients with the healthiest, most energy efficient and aesthetically pleasing building as possible.
In order to best meet the needs of both the class and the client, the following criteria has been established to allow potential clients to determine their compatibility with the program and for the college to judge suitability of the project.
– Property for the project must presently be owned by the client
– Property zoned appropriately
– Preliminary exploration of permits complete
– Partners must demonstrate the financial ability to undertake the project. Partners will cover the costs for all consultant fees, permits, construction materials and trades required for the project, as per the budget agreed to by the program and the owner.
– The building must incorporate a wide range of sustainable features, including the use of natural and/or recycled construction materials, the use of renewable energy sources, the use of healthy water collection and waste disposal methods, and the use of healthy fixtures and finishes.
– Property location.
– Although private projects will be considered, priority will be given to projects for not-for-profit agencies or public institutions, or to projects that are otherwise open to the public.
– Building size must not exceed 1,500 sq. ft.
If you or your organization is interested in having a sustainable building constructed as part of the 2013 (April through August) Sustainable Building Design and Construction program, please provide a letter of interest to:
Ted Brandon, Training Officer
PO Box 839
Your letter of interest should address each of the criteria outlined above. The deadline for letters of interest is September 14, 2012. For more information visit Fleming’s website at www.flemingcollege.com or contact Ted Brandon at 705-457-1680 or firstname.lastname@example.org
– 30 –