Waste Diversion at Fleming College
Sort it out!
We have a centralized sorting system for waste and recycling, located throughout the campus. Students and staff are responsible for properly sorting their own waste at the designated sorting stations.
Look for a Sorting Station near you!
What goes where?
|Food scraps||Coffee cup lids||Plastic cups||Computer paper|
|Tissues||Chip bags||Milk containers||Newspaper|
|Candy wrappers||Juice boxes||Cardboard drink trays|
|Straws||Metal cans||Unsoiled paper bags|
|Disposable cutlery||Aluminum tin foil and plates|
|Paper coffee cups||Glass bottles|
Organics â€“ Weâ€™re working on it
You may have noticed a â€śWeâ€™re working on it!â€ť sticker on the Organics stream of the Sorting Stations. The Office of Sustainability and Physical Resources are actively working toward finding a solution with local municipal and business partners to divert our organic waste. Even though we currently donâ€™t have a solution in place, we encourage staff and students to utilize the Organics stream as this helps keep contamination from entering other streams.
We need your help!
Data indicates that nearly 40% of what Fleming College sends to landfill is recyclable material!
By working together we can sort it out, keep recyclables out of landfill and reduce the environmental footprint of Fleming Collegeâ€™s operations.
ENVIRONMENTAL RECYCLING PROCEDURES FOR ALL INK CARTRIDGES
Recycling Procedures for all Ink Cartridges (for fax machines, ink jet printers, laser printers, network printers, desktop printers, Xerox photocopiers)
- Place all used Ink Cartridges in the original packaging and affix return label to the top of the box.
- All used Ink Cartridges should be taken down to Shipping and Receiving.
- If you cannot find original packaging or return label, please place in a similar size box and send down to shipping and receiving where they will put the proper return label on and return to appropriate supplier.
- Ink Cartridges ordered from Brant and did not come with a return label, please place in the original box and label it â€ś Ordered from Brantâ€ť and send down to shipping receiving.
- Sutherland - Glenn Linklater x.1239
- Lindsay - Dean Downing x.3251
- Haliburton - Gail Woodward 1-705-457-1680 x.6737
- Cobourg - Karen Foster 1-705-372-6865 x.221
Fleming College is committed to our environment and emphasizing sound and sustainable environmental practices at our campuses. With streamlining the Ink Cartridge Disposal we have insured that the ink cartridges are disposed of in the most responsible environmental way.