Explore a new career path! We are offering FREE, heavy equipment simulation training for job seekers at our Frost Campus in Lindsay.
These convenient one-day sessions provide you with new hands-on skills on our state-of-the-art simulators. Choose from construction, forestry or agriculture and take your seat today!
BENEFITS FOR JOB SEEKERS
- Access to state-of-the-art simulators for experiential learning
- Gain skills and hands-on experience in a safe and controlled environment
- Train on a variety of equipment in a shorter amount of time
- Acquire basic skills on equipment operation and inspection
- Learn about marketability and career paths
REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE
- 18 years of age or older
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Resident of Ontario
- Currently unemployed or under-employed (less than 20/hrs a week);
- Not currently enrolled in other education or training
Choose from the following focus areas of training:
STREAM A - Construction Heavy Equipment
- Monday, May 16, 2022 â€“ 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 31, 2022 â€“ 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Friday, June 3, 2022 â€“ 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Monday, June 6, 2022 â€“ 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Friday, June 10, 2022 â€“ 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Monday, June 13, 2022 â€“ 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 21, 2022 â€“ 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Friday, June 24, 2022 â€“ 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 29, 2022 â€“ 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
STREAM B - Forestry Equipment
- Thursday, June 16, 2022 â€“ 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Monday, June 20, 2022 â€“ 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
STREAM C - Agriculture Equipment
- Coming Soon.
Register now for an upcoming session:
We have continuous intakes from now until June 30, 2022. Spaces are limited. Reserve your seat now.
We will follow up to schedule a personal admission interview with you.
Are you an employer looking to increase the skill level and qualifications of your workforce? We can provide training for your employees.
This initiative provides industry with an opportunity to access free training for its existing workforce. Workers who are already employed within the construction, forestry or agriculture sectors can upgrade their skills through Fleming College.
Fleming is continuing to work with employers to identify skills gaps so that we can collectively build a stronger workforce for the future.
If you are an employer and would like more information, please contact: