in Moving Image Design
Learn to design, create and present artistic digital content in the only 15 â€“week accelerated certificate program offered in Ontario.
In this unique, accelerated program (two semesters of full-time study completed in fifteen weeks), you will create time-based works of art in an inspiring, natural environment.
Unlike traditional artwork that is characterized by physical dimensions, time-based arts are defined by duration: a two-minute YouTube video clip, a 15 second pop-up ad on a website, or a minute- long new movie trailer playing in theatres.
Time-based arts can have a commercial or visual art application, and include applications such as motion graphics, video and sound compositions, film or slide based installations, large interactive art installations, or digital magazines. The need for professional digital content continues to grow; program graduates can work in advertising, design, film, education, or in a variety of cultural sector settings.
In this program you will:
- Learn to create and present digital content for a variety of platforms: work that is visually and artistically strong in narrative and image
- Explore a range of software tools and digital studio techniques, incorporate fine art practices, and understand how media culture influences and informs contemporary digital work
- Work with accessible equipment; hand â€“ held technologies and mobile devices - smart phones, tablets, laptops, digital cameras (still and video)
- Learn from our expert faculty as well as digital designers who are currently working in the industry
- Apply enhanced digital skills to your current art practice
- Be prepared to pursue further digital media studies
- Develop a professional digital portfolio and presence
Why Choose Fleming
Fleming Collegeâ€™s Haliburton School of Art + Design is known for providing innovative art and design programming. Students benefit from programs that integrate art, technology, and experiential learning â€“ all explored through the lens of design discipline principles, elements and processes.
This certificate is divided into three core areas of study: Creation of Moving Images, where students understand artistic elements and tools; Presentation Possibilities, that examines projection and installation art, and Exploration. In the two Moving Image studio courses, students will determine their own themes, initiate a project and identify areas for further exploration.
- MacBook or PC laptop with 8Gb of RAM, strong video processor and at least 250 GB of storage
- External Hardrive or 64 GB USB (minimum)
- Adobe Creative Suites, Creative Cloud Student Edition
- Digital SLR or Camera capable of recording video. Or a smart phone with advanced camera capabilities
For any questions about program requirements, contact Tammy.Rea@flemingcollege.ca
Lynda.com is free to registered students of Fleming College. Your certificate program includes the use of different software that you may or may not be familiar with, and in order to meet the demands of each course, you may want to practice using Adobe Creative Cloud (especially Premiere Pro) so that you are comfortable with the expectation of some of the assignments. On-campus registration is quick and easy. If you wish to get started before you arrive for school, please contact Jennifer Bain at email@example.com to make arrangements for sign-in access.
Tuition and ancillary fees are subject to change without notice. The fees presented below reflect Fall start programs only for the current academic year. For details about the fee differences for other program start dates please refer to the Tuition Details chart below.