Ontario College Graduate Certificate in International Business Management Curriculum
Accepting Applications for September 2020
Vocational Learning Outcomes
- Conduct an environmental scan to evaluate the impact of world issues on an organization's international business opportunities.
- Conduct, evaluate and present market research to support an organization's international business decision-making.
- Manage the preparation of documents and the application of procedures to support the movement of products and services in the organization's global supply chain.
- Evaluate the impact of statutory and regulatory compliance on an organization's integrative trade initiatives.
- Develop and implement strategies to negotiate effectively within various cultural environments and to address the impact of cultural differences on an organization's integrative trade initiatives.
- Develop and present an international marketing plan, and evaluate sales strategies that support an organization's integrative trade initiatives.
- Identify and interpret relevant international financial documents, and evaluate financial strategies that support an organization's integrative trade initiatives.
- Analyze the impact of an organization's integrative trade initiatives on its human resources management strategies, policies, and practices.
- Develop and present an international business plan.
- Manage the implementation and evaluation of team projects by applying project management principles.
- Recommend strategies to support principles of corporate sustainability, corporate social responsibility and ethics associated with an organization's integrative trade initiatives and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Select and apply current technologies to support an organization's integrative trade initiatives.
Courses and Descriptions
This course provides an orientation to international and global business studies. By providing students with a learning community form which to expand their skills, as well as key foundational knowledge, they will be able to integrate the course work taking place across the first semester.
The examination of production, inventory management and transporting a product from producer to the final customer is the basis for this course. Students will be able to critically appraise current logistics procedures as well as construct new plans and how they tie into the overall business strategy.
This course is designed to teach the learner how to research and plan the export of existing products to foreign markets all over the world. This course focuses on the research, decision and planning stages, while International Marketing focuses on the process of executing the tactical components of the international marketing plan. In this course the student will learn how to find information regarding foreign markets, create country and market profiles, plan market entry, find financing, and understand how to ready a product for exporting.
This course is designed to introduce students to the complexity of marketing products and services to international markets. It takes a managerial approach to analyzing and assessing marketing in today's complex, rapidly changing international business environment. Students will gain a fundamental knowledge of marketing strategies as well as the major tactics used by global marketers to facilitate the management of their international marketing plans.
This course provides an overview of project integration management that includes the concepts governing the role of the project team in organizations and management of projects through all lifecycle phases.
TBC/Course currently being developed
This course introduces students to the overall concepts, principles, customs, and rules that govern the behaviours, relationships, and interdependence between nations, international organizations, and corporations. An emphasis will be placed on the areas of contracts, dispute resolution, product liability, intellectual property, the legal structure of businesses and joint venture agreements.
This course will provide students with an overview of an Enterprise Resource Planning system using internationally compatible SAP software in a technology enabled data base. Lessons will emphasize exposing students to the entire enterprise including: sales, marketing, accounting, purchasing, operations and human resources. Participants will operate a virtual company while using the various SAP application modules.
We live in the age of globalization. Due to many recent events, business, public sector and not-for-profit organizations are under fire to manage their activities, including project management, in a culturally sensitive and ethical manner. Moreover, many organizations are learning that it is good ?business? to do good. In this case-based course we will examine various specific ethical dilemmas in the conduct of domestic and international projects and other organizational activities. We will discuss the structure of organizations and the various contemporary ethical issues it presents. Finally, we shall discuss the best practices of many leading organizations to conduct their activities, including project management, in a socially responsible way.
Recognition, assessment and the synthesis of government regulations is necessary for the international movement of goods across borders. At the end of this course, students will be able to apply legislation, procedures, and complete documentation to facilitate international trade.
As the world becomes more globalized and businesses face steeper competition one of the keys to success will be innovation. This course analyses the various kinds of innovation, the underlying characteristics of innovators and, through various methods, will allow students to practise and demonstrate their own creativity.
This course is designed to make students aware of the tools used in financing and collection of international transactions, and the contemporary facets of foreign-exchange markets. In addition students will be able to distinguish different accounting systems, and develop a variety of strategies to assist in developing financial and business plans.