Registration is open for Haliburton School of Art + Design summer courses
Â Haliburton ON â€“ (March 1, 2019) â€“ A creative escape for individuals of all ages and skill levels is available in the beautiful Haliburton Highlands at Fleming Collegeâ€™s Haliburton School of Art + Design.
World-renowned artists arrive in Haliburton every summer to mentor and teach in weeklong and weekend courses in a wide variety of disciplines. Artists, vacationers and families can find an endless array of choices such as glassblowing, blacksmithing, pottery, painting, photography, textile arts, dry stone walling, timber framing, music, singing and much more.
There are over 50 new courses this year including:
- Indigenous History, Symbolism & Art with David Beaucage Johnson
- Art Making â€“ Drawing, Painting & Collage with Helen McCusker
- Music â€“An Introduction to Home Recording with Nicholas Russell
- Painting & Yoga â€“ Painting from the Inside Out with Sandee Ewasiuk
- Pottery â€“ Composite Construction & Complex Handles with Tony Clennell
- Mark Making â€“ Intuitive Explorations with Dagmar Kovar
- MacramÃ© Workshop with Hannah Strand
- Knitting with Copper Wire Workshop with Sayward Johnson
- Creative energy
- Free entertainment, art talks and faculty exhibition
- Self-guided walk-about exhibitions
- Architecturally inspiring campus
- Local galleries, shops and studios
- The Haliburton Sculpture Forest, right outside the door
We invite you to view the full schedule of more than 300 art and craft courses. Accommodation assistance is available.
About Haliburton School of Art + Design
Haliburton School of Art + Design, Fleming College thinks differently about art education. We are known for the most comprehensive summer program in the country as well as a unique suite of full-time study options, taught by professionals who have shaped art, craft, design, and heritage studies in Canada. Our programs are integrated to provide innovative ways for students to experience the connection between art practices, and the disciplines of art and design. Students can attend for a day, a week, a semester, or years, creating art in a spectacular natural environment.
About Fleming College
Located in the heart of Central Ontario, Fleming College has campus locations in Peterborough, Lindsay, Cobourg and Haliburton. Named for famous Canadian inventor and engineer Sir Sandford Fleming, the college features more than 100 full-time programs in Arts and Heritage, Business, Environmental and Natural Resource Sciences, General Arts and Sciences, Health and Wellness, Justice and Community Development, Skilled Trades and Technology, and Continuing Education. Fleming College has more than 5,900 full-time and 10,000 part-time students, and 71,000 alumni.
Media, for more information please contact:
705.749.5530 x 1366