Peterborough ON â€“ (March 13, 2020) â€“ The COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve rapidly. As a further precaution against the infection and spread of COVID-19, Fleming College is announcing the following actions in response to maintaining safe and healthy communities in our region:
- Classes are suspended from 12 p.m. Friday, March 13 to Tuesday, March 17 (inclusive) at all Fleming College campuses and learning sites.
- This period of time will allow faculty, staff and administration time to prepare to deliver course content in alternative ways.
- Starting Wednesday, March 18 and for the remainder of the Winter semester (Friday, April 17), Fleming will begin to offer classes in online or alternative delivery formats.
â€śThe health and safety of our Fleming community are paramount, and we want to do our part and take precautions to maintain a healthy community for all,â€ť said Maureen Adamson, Fleming College President. â€śWhile we recognize that these actions will create inconveniences, Fleming is focusing on student success and the safety of all. We thank everyone for your patience, understanding and collective efforts.â€ť
Students and employees should note the following:
- Any exams or assignment due dates between noon on Friday and Wednesday March 18 will be rescheduled.
- All campuses and all college buildings will remain open. Services and facilities such as the learning resource centres, libraries, recreation centres, food services and health services all remain open.
- College residences will remain open and operational.
- Students can access our campuses, but if they do not need to, they are encouraged to study from home.
- Students should continue to attend their placements unless other arrangements have been made by the college or the employer.
- Employees are expected to work as usual and talk with their manager about any issues related to the measures we are taking.
Updates will be posted here: http://www.flemingcollege.ca/covid19
Please direct any questions to: email@example.com and
follow our social channels:
About Fleming College
Fleming College respectfully acknowledges that we are situated on Michi Saagiig Anishinaabeg lands and territory. Located in the heart of Central Ontario, Fleming College has campus locations in Peterborough, Lindsay, Cobourg and Haliburton. Named for famous Canadian inventor and engineer Sir Sandford Fleming, the college features more than 100 full-time programs in Arts and Heritage, Business, Environmental and Natural Resource Sciences, General Arts and Sciences, Health and Wellness, Justice and Community Development, Skilled Trades and Technology, and Continuing Education. Fleming College has more than 6,800 full-time and 10,000 part-time students, and 75,000 alumni.
Media, for more
information please contact:
705.749.5530 x 1366