Peterborough ON – (April 30, 2020) – Fleming College has transitioned most academic programs and student services online in an effort to slow the transmission of COVID-19. Beginning the week of May 19, 2020, the College will offer five modified programs in the new online format. Each program has been adapted to meet all learning outcomes and will be available online, in virtual and alternative delivery formats.
The five programs include:
- Mental Health and Addiction Worker, diploma program that produces graduates that work in a variety of settings that support clients, families, groups and communities affected by substance use and mental health issues.
- Practical Nursing, diploma program where students will learn the concepts and skills related to health and nursing, as well as nursing practices and interventions in specific health situations. After successfully completing this program, graduates are eligible to write the national examinations with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) and become registered to practice in Ontario as a Registered Practical Nurse.
- Project Management, graduate certificate that provides graduates with the skills and knowledge to efficiently manage all aspects of a project to achieve organizational goals in a competitive global environment.
- Social Service Worker, diploma program that produces graduates who build and maintain relationships with individuals, families, groups, organizations and communities to provide direct services and/or a bridging to resources that improve the quality of life.
- Supply Chain Management – Global Logistics, graduate certificate that will provide diverse skills to successfully oversee, synchronize and manage every step in the process as goods flow from raw material suppliers to the final customer.
Faculty and staff have worked diligently to prepare for the online delivery format. In addition, 53 other programs are continuing in the Spring and Summer from the previous semester. Courses will be hosted through a variety of virtual and distance learning tools that are led by faculty, and students will have the opportunity to participate in small group learning situations.
Students require internet access, a laptop or computer, and webcam to participate. For more information about these programs or to register, please visit: https://flemingcollege.ca/spring2020.
About Fleming College
Fleming College respectfully acknowledges that we are situated on Michi Saagiig Anishinaabeg lands and territory. Located in the heart of Central Ontario, Fleming College has campus locations in Peterborough, Lindsay, Cobourg and Haliburton. Named for famous Canadian inventor and engineer Sir Sandford Fleming, the college features more than 100 full-time programs in Arts and Heritage, Business, Environmental and Natural Resource Sciences, General Arts and Sciences, Health and Wellness, Justice and Community Development, Skilled Trades and Technology, and Continuing Education. Fleming College has more than 6,800 full-time and 10,000 part-time students, and 75,000 alumni.
Media, for more information please contact:
705.749.5530 x 1366