Feed to Succeed
This year, Fleming College asks you to consider giving back to current Fleming College students by supporting our Feed to Succeed program. For many students, eating on the go can be a challenging feat. Juggling life's responsibilities with classes leaves little room to think about making healthy dining decisions. That's where you can help!
Every gift of $20 will provide Healthy Snack Packs for four students â€“ incredible right?
But it gets better!
Suzanne Hooke, Professor, School of General Arts & Sciences, has committed to matching all gifts, dollar for dollar, for the first $1,000 raised â€“ doubling the impact of your gift!
Your $20 gift will be matched to become $40!
Meaning, the Healthy Snack Packs you made possible for four students, now becomes Healthy Snack Packs for eight students!
And thereâ€™s more!
Every student who receives a Healthy Snack Pack will also receive a note from you â€“ the donor! During the gift-giving process, you will be asked to leave a note for the students you are supporting. These notes will be printed and attached to the front of each Healthy Snack Pack â€“ a thoughtful way for our partners to reach our students with a note of encouragement!
Students Start the Day with a Tasty Surprise!
Students will start their day with a tasty surprise and a note of encouragement at each campus at the end of January.
Our goal is to provide Healthy Snack Packs to 1,000 students â€“ but why stop there?
If we raiseâ€¦
|$10,000, we can provide 2,000 Healthy Snack Packs|
|$15,000, we can provide 3,000 Healthy Snack Packs|
|$20,000, we can provide 4,000 Healthy Snack Packs|
Every gift, regardless of its size, makes a difference and has a great impact on students. Your gift matters.
Charitable gift receipts issued for donations of $10 or more
Calling all Volunteers - join us for our â€˜Pack the Snackâ€™ party or to hand out the Healthy Snack Packs to students, or both! Contact Nicole ParÃ© for more information
Frequently Asked Questions
- Whatâ€™s in the Healthy Snack Pack?
Healthy Snack Packs will include foods that are high in fiber and protein. Examples of items the packs may include: fruit, vegetables, trail mix, granola, vegetable chips, muffin, roasted chick peas and popcorn.
- What are the benefits of providing these Healthy Snack Packs to students?
Research shows students learn better when theyâ€™re well nourished. Healthy eating has been linked to higher grades, better memory, more alertness, faster information processing and improved health leading to better school attendance.
For many students, eating on the go can be a challenging feat. Sixty-nine percent of Canadian respondents to a recent Student Health 101 survey said they found it difficult to eat healthy on campus. Juggling lifeâ€™s responsibilities with classes leaves little room to think about making healthy dining decisions. Finding ways to integrate nutrition-packed foods into your diet is important.
Learn more by visiting the Fleming College Student Experience website here.
- When will these snack packs be given to students?
- Students at Frost Campus, Haliburton Campus, and Sutherland Campus will be surprised with a Snack Pack late January.
- Will every Fleming student receive a Healthy Snack Pack?
- The number of Healthy Snack Packs for students depends entirely on the funds raised. The more funds we raise, the more students that will receive a Healthy Snack Pack!
- I am making a donation! What should I write to a student?
This is your chance to provide some helpful advice, a motivational thought or quote or just a few words letting students know that you care.
Some examples could include:
- Learn to embrace challenges rather than avoid them. Choose to see challenges as fun opportunities to learn. Even if you canâ€™t overcome the challenge, you would have still grown as a person.
- Go to every single class. If the class is boring, see it as an opportunity to improve your ability to focus. If the class is about a topic youâ€™ve learned before, see it as an opportunity to review the information.
- Be kind to yourself. Be kind to yourself, and learn to become your own best friend. In fact, research has proven that self-compassion is a key component of success.
- Youâ€™re never too young to make an impact. No matter how old you are, believe you can contribute, and start small in whatever way you can.