The Full Food
A new approach to Culinary Education.
We have designed and integrated our culinary programs to deliver the best possible experiential learning for our students:
- Small classes with one-on-one attention and support from caring faculty
- Courses that provide business and essential life skills to enhance your employability
- New and updated curriculum features trends influencing the industry today, such as sustainable culture and discovering local food connections, coupled with classic cooking and basic nutrition training
- Real-life experience: 70 percent of our curriculum is applied learning
- Opportunities to hone your skills and shine in culinary competitions
Ever Dreamed Of Opening Your Own Restaurant?
If you aspire to create the next big cuisine concept, you'll get lots of practical training and encouragement here. Under the supervision of faculty, Culinary Management students take over the day-to-day culinary and business operations for our unique group of properties: Fulford's Restaurant, The Lunch Box, and Gourmet-to-Go.
Interested in test-driving a culinary career?
We have designed a unique Student-for-a-Day program for you to experience first-hand what it's like to be a Fleming College Culinary student. It's a great way to explore career options or confirm your career choice.
What You'll Do:
- Take in a class, seminar or lab
- Partner with a current student who will be your guide for the day (optional)
- Talk to faculty
- Tour the facilities and campus
What You'll Learn:
- Students will share their unique perspective and experiences with you
- You'll get a sense of how passionate faculty and staff are about teaching and supporting students
Please contact us to arrange your day:
College Professor For-a-Day Program
The College Professor For-a-Day program runs from January to April, 2017. This program offers high school educators teaching culinary, hospitality, nutrition, or any similar subject material, the opportunity to spend a day with faculty and students at Fleming College. We want to collaborate, share ideas and ultimately encourage a greater number of high school students to embrace their hospitality and culinary interests and pursue post-secondary studies in these fields.
We love hearing from You!
“Thank you so much for the wonderful opportunity to participate in the program. It was a very fulfilling experience with a lot of great take-away information that both my students and myself can benefit from! I really enjoyed interacting with your students, networking with people at the college, and the debrief session. I will pass along to my students the passion all of the faculty members have and the fabulous attention and instruction the students receive at Fleming.”
Fenlon Falls Secondary School
If you would like to participate or hear more about the program, contact coordinator Chef Steve Moghini: email@example.com or (705) 749 5530 x 1725.