We provide learning support to all students who need assistance to reach their academic potential. We invite students to come by and get to know the services, meet the people who provide them and meet fellow students in a comfortable atmosphere that is conducive to learning.
We offer the following FREE services, all located in our offices which can be found on the floor below the library.
- Peer Tutoring
- For students who need help in a particular course, we arrange for a fellow student who took the course in a previous semester and who has an A average, to provide tutoring assistance.
- Alternative Testing
- We provide alternative testing for students who miss a test for a legitimate reason and who have permission from their faculty.
- Writing Lab
- We offer the Writing Lab for students who would like help with writing an essay, researching an assignment or other writing concerns.
- ESL Writing Lab
- To accommodate the unique needs of Flemingâ€™s ESL students, Learning Support Services offers this drop-in lab, where second language learners can receive assistance with any writing concern.
- Drop-In Math Tutorials
- The Drop-In Math Tutorials are available for students who do not need weekly Math tutoring or who just have a couple of questions that need to be addressed.
- Study Smart Lab
- Our Study Smart Lab is available for all students who require assistance with study skills, test preparation, organizational skills and time management etc.
- Job Opportunities
- LSS is always looking for students who like to help other students as peer tutors and/or note takers. Students who are interested in a rewarding job should check out the requirements and pick up an application in LSS.
Fleming College Supervised Testing
External exam invigilation / proctoring for other colleges, universities and professional institutions
Testing Center Hours
- 9:00-12:00 a.m.
Some flexibility for Universities requiring Thursday exam dates
- 1 hour exam - $25
- All exams up to three hours - $50
- Evening and Saturday group fee - $250/5 students + $5 each additional student
- A cancellation or rescheduling fee may apply with less than 1 weekâ€™s notice
- Gated parking fee is $4.00
Accommodation for online exams
Special accommodations for students with disabilities
705 749-5530 ext 1029
Fleming College, Rm B73, 599 Brealey Dr, Peterborough, ON K9J 7B1
Revised: March 20, 2014