Our unique-in-Canada Sporting Goods Business program features two applied projects with industry partners to enhance your hands-on learning and employment opportunities.
|Program Status:||Accepting Applications|
|Coordinator:||Charlie McGee Email|
|Credential:||Ontario College Diploma|
|Start Dates:||September 06, 2016|
|Tuition Fees (Domestic):||$2,015.24 per semester*|
|Tuition Fees (International):||$6,993.10 per semester*|
|* Tuition and fees subject to change.|
The two-year Sporting Goods Business program is on the cutting edge of sporting goods industry trends, and as such, you will be prepared for the demands of this field. The program offers:
Through our innovative speaker series, students will have the opportunity to meet and network with Sporting Goods Business alumni and program supporters.
Core business classes, including business math, accounting, computers, retail essentials, international business, sales and marketing.
- Sporting goods industry specific classes with an introduction to the industry, sports marketing & sponsorship, sports equipment product knowledge and sportswear merchandising
- Affiliations with the Canadian Sporting Goods Association and strong connections to major sporting goods companies in Canada, to ensure our courses are up-to-date
- Extensive hands-on learning through two applied projects
- A fast-track to your career--start in September and graduate in just two years
Why Choose Fleming
Our industry connections mean that we can help students apply for and secure related employment upon graduation with sporting goods companies, in retail management and on the supplier side of the industry. We have a consistently high placement rate of 97-100 percent.
Students participate in two applied projects with industry partners where they gain direct, relevant work experience.
You have many career options in the Sporting Goods industry. Work in product development, sales and marketing, merchandising, operations, or customer service for Canada's premier sports equipment companies, retail organizations.
Past graduates have worked for:
- Under Armour
- Trimark Sportswear
- Reebok CCM
- Sport Chek
- National Sports
- New Era Caps
- Norco Performance Bikes
- Source for Sports
- Saucony Canada
- Mizuno Canada
- Rawlings Group Inc.
- Taylor Made Golf
- Bauer Hockey
Minimum Admission Requirements
OSSD with the majority of credits at the College (C) and Open (O) level, including:
- 2 College (C) English courses (Grade 11 or Grade 12)
- 1 College (C) Math course (Grade 11)
When (C) is the minimum course level for admission, (U) or (U/C) courses are also accepted.
Recommended (but not required for admission):
- Grade 12 College (C) Math
If you are 19 years of age or older before classes start, and you do not possess an OSSD, you can write the Canadian Adult Achievement Test to assess your eligibility for admission. Additional testing or academic upgrading may be necessary to meet specific course requirements for this program.
* Students starting in January are required to attend classes over the summer semester.
Approximately $600 per year for books and supplies.
Every attempt is made to ensure the accuracy of the information on our website and in our publications. The College reserves the right to modify or cancel any course, program, fee, timetable, or campus location at any time.