The University Science Preparation program will help you earn Grade 12 U equivalents required for entry to university or college science programs, in a supportive environment.
With this one-year Ontario College Certificate you can earn the prerequisites necessary for future studies. The program is designed for:
- learners wishing to build a strong foundation for academic success in a university or college science environment
- learners wishing to improve their confidence, abilities and academic readiness for Bachelor of Science university degree programs or advanced science college diplomas such as Massage Therapy or Medical Radiation Technology
- learners who have graduated from secondary school and obtained an OSSD but who lack certain academic qualifications for direct admission into the first year of a science- based program at a postsecondary institution
- mature students or second career students who wish to improve their readiness for post-secondary science programs
- learners who are not sure that a science program at college or university is the right choice
- Chemistry, Physics or Biology
- Health Science
- Molecular Science
- Forensic Science
- Environmental Studies
Courses in the General Arts and Science - University Science Preparation program steadily build skills in communication, problem solving, research and critical thinking. In addition to university level Sciences, you will acquire university level Math and English credits, to be eligible for university admission.
Why Choose Fleming
This program provides the hard to find combination of focus on all three sciences: Biology, Chemistry and Physics. This combination is not readily available in high school or at other colleges. Plus, the lab components in the science courses of this program will better prepare you for university sciences or upper level college science programs.
Fleming College has a strong and growing reputation for helping students to build their academic skills. Our General Arts and Science – University Transfer program, and Preparatory Health Sciences program are examples. Many graduates of these programs have gone on to pursue university studies, and credit the strong start they obtained at Fleming as key to their success.
Minimum Admission Requirements
- 2 College (C) English courses (grade 11 or 12)
- 2 College (C) Math courses (grade 11 or 12)
- 2 different Grade 11 College (C) Science courses (Biology, Chemistry or Physics).
When (C) is the minimum course level for admission, (U) and (U/C) level courses are also accepted.
If you are 19 years of age before classes start, and you do not possess an OSSD, you can write the Canadian Adult Achievement Test to assess your eligibility for admission. Additional testing or academic upgrading may be necessary to meet specific course requirements for this program.
All applicants will be required to achieve course credit in any mandatory sciences, through Secondary School or through Academic Upgrading programs.
Every attempt is made to ensure the accuracy of the information on our website and in our publications. The College reserves the right to modify or cancel any course, program, fee, timetable, or campus location at any time.